Company Name: City of Palo Alto Utilities
Phone Number: (650) 329-2689
City: Palo Alto
Job Title: Resource Planner
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Energy Services / Energy Efficiency
Posting Start Date: February 21, 2018
Salary: $104,145 - $127,857
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The City of Palo Alto (CPAU) is seeking a Resource Planner to join a small group of analysts working on integration of distributed energy resources (DERs) like solar PV, electric vehicles, and controllable loads. CPAU is in the process of adopting a Distributed Energy Resources Plan as a first step toward developing programs to facilitate customer adoption of these resources. In addition, CPAU is performing an assessment of the capacity of its distribution system to integrate these DERs. The Resource Management Division and Utilities Engineering Division are expected to work closely on integration of DERs.
CPAU is seeking a candidate with electric engineering knowledge and/or experience, as well as experience in electric utility policy development and strategic planning, to assist with the integration of DERs, including:
- forecasting of DER adoption in Palo Alto
- the coordination of DER strategy development
- analysis to support customer program development and management of pilot programs
- coordination with Utilities Engineering of the integration of DERs into the electric distribution system
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities which would typically be acquired through:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or other related field (Electrical Engineering highly preferred);
- Six years of increasingly responsible experience in utilities resource planning, acquisition and portfolio management (Engineering degree may substitute for two years of experience).
Note: Master’s degree in Engineering or other related field and/or registration as a Professional Engineer may be considered in lieu of one year’s experience.
- Valid California driver’s license.
Posting End Date: March 9, 2018