Company Name: NW Natural
Phone Number: (503) 226-4211
Job Title: Resource Management Center Manager
Number of Openings: 2
Position Type: Natural Resources
Posting Start Date: March 17, 2017
Salary: $89,200 - $129,350
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Resource Management Center Manager
(Up to 2 positions)
Resource Management Center; Portland, Oregon
Posting # 50224790
March 17, 2017
NW Natural offers a Resource Management Center Manager opportunity to interested applicants. The following is a summary of the position specifics.
Purpose of Position:
Develop and administer integrated processes and policies for the Resource Management Center (RMC) to ensure effective, timely, and planful work management to ensure ongoing compliance with company standards and regulatory requirements. Ensure the RMC functions supports company strategy, adds value, and is responsive to changing needs.
Position Essential Functions:
- Performs one of the following two functions: 1) Oversees the Construction and System Operations resource and work management, as well as the Scheduling and RMC Operations Support team or 2) Oversees the Compliance, and 24/7 resource and work management, as well as the Emergency Response function within the RMC.
- Manages the development, implementation and evolution of a Resource Management Center that meets Company needs and compliance requirements and supports corporate goals and strategic direction. Oversees, monitors, and evaluates resource management activities to ensure quality and value add.
- Establishes and directs resource management strategies, activities, and priorities to ensure continued alignment with various stakeholder groups, including but not limited to Utility Operations, Utility Services, and Customer Acquisition. Includes ongoing collaboration with Stakeholders.
- Oversees planning and forecasting activities and ensures that planning/forecasting are well integrated in to day-to-day operations and decision making and support effective and efficient management of the work and resources.
- Manages RMC Supervisors in the performance of their assigned tasks and job functions, also ensuring alignment with stakeholders. Provides training, development, feedback, coaching and support to Supervisors. Provides documentation and ongoing performance feedback.
- Manages, facilitates, and evaluates team development and team building; works with Supervisors and individual contributors to ensure effective and collaborative team atmosphere.
- Directs development, implementation, and continuous improvement of department training, quality assurance, analytics, and procedures for work allocation to field operations from upstream providers in Operations and Services.
- Oversees and develops individual and department proficiency and performance by coaching and establishing performance standards and measures, monitoring performance and providing feedback, and providing necessary resources.
- Assures excellent customer service and cost-effective utilization of resources by developing strategies, tracking implementation and identifying and executing changes to processes, as necessary.
- Develops and utilizes measures of effectiveness of processes and activities, consistent with stakeholder input, company strategy and industry best practices.
- Leads, supports, and/or contributes to projects within the RMC and manages, facilitates, and evaluates work processes and projects. Ensures initiatives and projects are appropriately proposed, reviewed, and supported in alignment with company strategy and priorities.
- Prepares budget, analyzing costs/benefits; continuously evaluates cost reduction and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Incorporates company strategy and priorities into team and individual goals and activities, measuring and evaluating results.
- Demonstrates appropriate leadership and decision-making behaviors; maintains technical job knowledge and personal skill development.
- Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
- Manages staffing needs, participates in employee selection keeping EEO and Affirmative Action practices in mind.
- Administers and promotes the philosophies and directives of the Collective Bargaining Unit.
- This position may require travel.
Salary Range: $89,200 – $109,250 – $129,350 (Grade 22) depending on qualifications
- A minimum of 7 years in utility operations, work and resource management, and/or equivalent combination of experience/education, including a strong background in leadership.
- Knowledge and practical application of scheduling, planning and forecasting work activities for field operations.
- Knowledge and/or ability to learn NWN Procedures and Policies including but not limited to, Technology Scheduling Tools such PragmaCAD, Visual Fusion, Telestaff; Joint Accord; Incident Command and Emergency Response Procedures; Field Operations Manual OSHA Regulations; and other applicable Federal, State, and local jurisdictional requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading a team; delegating and coordinating team activities with a strategic focus; skill and commitment to coaching and developing team members. Proven leadership skills; ability to work effectively and gain the cooperation of others at all levels and across departments.
- Proven collaboration skills and ability to build consensus and trust across disciplines and processes, as demonstrated through inter- and intra-departmental team-building, collaboration, facilitation and coordination.
- Demonstrated skill and ability in delegating and coordinating employee activities consistent with Company strategy to balance customer satisfaction with shareholder value.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills with a record of effectively setting, managing and achieving goals and targets.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and balance priorities.
- Advanced effective verbal and written communication skills, including technical documentation and report writing abilities and group facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills with the ability effectively communicate with all levels of employees.
- Process oriented, with proven record of moving easily between detail and strategy while innovating and influencing within and across processes and/or disciplines.
- Demonstrated initiative and results orientation; proven attention to detail.
- Ability to handle conflict and sensitive situations with confidentiality, tact, and discretion while providing clear and concise direction.
- Ability to build and maintain constructive working relationships with union leaders and management. Proven skills in persuasion and consensus building.
- Ability and commitment to continue to develop personal skills and technical knowledge.
- Availability to respond immediately to emergency situations and staffing requirements.
- Availability to access resource centers and work sites, as necessary.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Subject to random drug testing.
How to Apply:
Application Process: To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Applications will be reviewed once application deadline has passed.
Deadline: March 31, 2017
NW Natural is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also promote a drug-free work environment.
Posting End Date: March 31, 2017