Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Relay Station Meter Tech (U16-225)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Substation
Posting Start Date: January 10, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
January 16, 2016 (Internally)
January 22, 2016 Externally)
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping shape Oregon’s energy future. Among the millions of ordinary jobs in the world there are a few special places — team-driven environments with the resources and support you need to succeed. That’s PGE — the unique combination of a friendly, supportive atmosphere with a progressive vision for business success. It’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And it’s a big reason why the average PGE employee has spent almost 14 years with us.
Relay Station Meter Tech (U16-225)-Starting Wage: $44.88/hour
Become part of an essential, dynamic industry, and consider becoming a part of the PGE Team!
In this position, the successful candidate will perform substation testing and energization check-out work, maintain and test indicating, recording and revenue meters. This position will report to the Supervisor of Technical Services – Meter & Relay/SCADA.
- Journeyman in one or more of the electrical trades.
- Possess an associate degree in electrical or electronic field or equivalent record of field experience and self-improvement courses of study in the electronic field of education.
- Be familiar with and understand plant systems and substation operations and switching.
- Thorough knowledge of mathematics and electrical, mechanical, and solid-state theory by written and/or oral examination.
- Work under high stress and during times of emergency.
- Oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Live within a reasonable distance of headquarters.
How to Apply:
What’s in it for you? Receive a competitive wage and a full range of traditional benefits – medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings, and more – plus exciting opportunities unique to employment with us. From our robust on-the-job training to our development opportunities, PGE has a multitude of programs to help you gain valuable skills and experience, to provide rewards for meeting company goals, and to encourage health, fellowship, and community volunteerism.
PGE is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you will need to complete our employment application.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING.
Click here to view to view the full job listing.
Posting End Date: January 22, 2017