Company Name: Northern Wasco County People's Utility District
Phone Number: (541) 296-2226
City: The Dalles
Job Title: Relay, Control & Meter Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: August 5, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
This position provides support to the Engineering Department in the areas of relays, controls and metering. Maintain substation and electronic device wiring schematics, program and retrieve meters and provide reports for evaluation of maintaining a superior electrical system.
- Retrieve and maintain data from electronic devices that will be used to study system impacts in the appropriate software.
- Program, retrieve, upgrade and store relay and control programs including current version of operating system of each device.
- Provide reports as required for evaluation of electrical system and components. Format may be monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Program and retrieve data from meters. Maintain and update software as needed.
- Maintain necessary department records.
- Review and update as necessary wiring schematics for substations or electronic devices.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering from a four year college or university.
- Must maintain a positive, courteous and respectful attitude, communicated accurately in English and work cooperatively with PUD customers, employees, supervisors, and the general public.
- Must possess knowledge of a transmission/distribution (T&D) utility system including all the components that make up a T&D system.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions
- Must have ability to deal with the public in a polite and tactful manner.
- Must be knowledgeable of the appropriate software programs and operation system.
- Must speak and read English in order to communicate with co-workers and the general public regarding publications, technical periodicals, training materials, equipment manuals, and maps.
- Must have a valid, current driver’s license. Driving record must be acceptable and insurable by NWCPUD insurance carrier at standard group rates. An annual consent for a release of one’s driving record is also required.
- Must be able to frequently lift objects up to 20 pounds and/or carry objects weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires walking over uneven ground in a variety of weather conditions. Must be able to hear malfunction equipment, radios, etc. Requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, taking, hearing and seeing.
- Should an applicant be deficient in certain education achievements, offsetting experience may be substituted or vice versa.
How to Apply:
Lifestyle & Benefits:
NWCPUD is located in a recreational area providing: water sports, fishing, bicycling, skiing, camping, hunting, artisan shopping, hiking all within short traveling distance. A wide variety of benefits offered, including PTO, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, VEBA, 401(k) and 457(b).
Do not apply directly to NWCPUD. Please see our website: https://www.nwasco.com/jobs.cfm for full job description and instructions for applying. Application, resume and cover letters will only be accepted at:
HR Answers, Inc
7650 SW Beveland St., Suite 130
Tigard, OR 97223
HRE@HRAnswers.com (put “Relay, Control and Meter Technician” in subject line)
Fax (503) 352-5582
Northern Wasco County PUD is an Equal‐Opportunity Employer
Posting End Date: August 22, 2016