Company Name: Municipal Light & Power
Phone Number: (907) 279-7671
Job Title: Regulatory Affairs Supervisor
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: April 7, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 5
Work Time Type: Days
Under general direction of the Regulatory Affairs Division Manager, this supervisor is responsible for compliance with the Alaska Public Commission Act, as amended, and associated law. The function of this position is to maintain ML&P’s tariff and special contracts under which the utility does business with the public and other regulated entities. This includes activities such as tariff revision, COPA fillings, rate studies and participation in all regulatory proceedings affecting ML&P’s ability to perform its mission. This incumbent also performs economic modeling and pricing, assists in negotiating power contracts and engages in financial analysis for ML&P management.
- Provides analysis of prior rate proceedings before the Regulatory Commission of Alaska to substantiate RCA orders and directives during successful past utility actions in order to best direct and guide employees in regulatory affairs.
- Analyzes power sales agreements with other agencies/utilities (e.g AEA-Bradley Lake), rate analysis, comments and input.
- Manages utility participation in regulatory proceedings of other utilities.
- Provides and/or supervises development of revenue requirement and cost of service studies for submittal of rate requests before Municipality and Regulatory Commission of Alaska.
- Educates co-workers and subordinate staff as regulatory changes and associated tariff revisions affect the electric utility.
- Handles staff performance reviews and participates in interviews for staff positions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Finance or related discipline, and five (5) years of experience with a utility in regulatory compliance, financial accountability, and/or transmission and distribution systems of which one (1) year is in a supervisory or lead position.
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Finance or related discipline, and seven (7) years of experience with a utility in regulatory compliance, financial accountability, and/or transmission and distribution systems of which one (1) year is in a supervisory or lead position.
Must possess a valid State of Alaska Driver’s License at time of hire.
How to Apply:
The Anchorage area is an adventurer’s paradise. With 135 miles of trails, you can bike, ski or run through an Alaska forest in the City. Anchorage also hosts lively arts and cultural events and supports professional and collegiate sports teams. In the summer, we’re a city of flowers; in the winter, a city of lights.
Municipal owned Municipal Light & Power supplies electric service to downtown and midtown Anchorage with a 20 mile service area. ML&P provides electricity to two universities, three hospitals, much of Anchorage’s business community, and some of the oldest neighborhoods. ML&P is committed to maintaining our customers’ quality of life by providing safe, reliable and affordable energy. Our employees drive this success. The technical and professional staff in transmission and distribution, generation, power management, customer service, engineering, and business support services truly power our utility.
Apply online at http://www.muni.org/jol
Posting End Date: June 30, 2017