Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program
- See “Other Information” section regarding Selective Service requirements
You must meetallqualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
You must meet all the qualification and eligibility requirements for the position by the closing date of the announcement. You may review the qualification requirements here.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate’s online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
GS-13: To qualify you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-12). Specialized experience is defined as: 1) experience with the operation, maintenance and construction of high voltage electric power transmission systems sufficient to implement a maintenance, replacement and rehabilitation program, 2) knowledge of power system safety standards and procedures and applicable federally mandated safety requirements and, 3) knowledge of labor-management relations.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write “see resume” in your application!
- Broad knowledge of electrical operation and maintenance associated with high voltage electrical transmission systems.
- Knowledge of routine maintenance testing and trouble analysis.
- Knowledge of costing, budgeting procedures and recordkeeping procedures relating to maintenance activities and spare parts inventories.
- An extensive professional knowledge of power system safety procedures, especially those attending to operation and maintenance work on power system facilities
“Experience” refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement to receive consideration.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered “well qualified” you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
There is no education requirement for this position.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- All males born after December 31, 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page,Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don’t have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
- If selected for this position, your appointment is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment, during the pre-employment process.
- If selected, you will be required to complete a questionnaire and are subject to a criminal background check to determine suitability for Federal employment before appointment.
- If selected, you may be required to complete a one-year supervisory probation period.
- If selected, appointee must live within 60 minutes of duty station.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements. If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation BEFORE the vacancy closes, you may be rated ‘ineligible’, ‘not qualified’, or your score may be adjusted.
Selecting Official may check references on those applicants referred for consideration.
To preview questions please click here.