You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements. If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation BEFORE the vacancy closes, you may be rated ‘ineligible’, ‘not qualified’, or your score may be adjusted.
Selecting Official may check references on those applicants referred for consideration.
ALL APPLICANTS: You must submit a resume supporting your specialized experience and responses to the online questionnaire.
- Your resume should list all work experience (paid and unpaid); you should list the full name and address of the each employer.
- Yourexperience listing shouldshowthe start and end dates (include month, day, and year); you must also list the average number of hours per week that you worked.
- Your resume should also include any education and training you have completed (list the program title, subject area, number of hours completed, and completion date).
- For more information about what to include in your resume, pleaseview thisUSAJOBS Resume Tutorial videoon YouTube.
- Most DOE offices will allow you to submit a resume in the format of your choice (as an attached document or as a USAJOBS Resume Builder format). However, some offices may require the USAJOBS resume format. You will be notified at the time you click ‘Apply Online’ which is required.
- It is important that you are complete and thorough in your resume. If anyof the above information is not included in your resume, we may not be able to fully credit you for your experience.
If specific educational requirements are indicated for this vacancy:Documentation verifying your educational claimswhich can include unofficial transcripts or any report listing institution, course title, credits earned and final grade. Please see the Education section for more information.
Current and former Federal employees:Most recent SF-50 (Standard Form 50 – Notice of Personnel Action). To properly verify status eligibility, your SF-50 must show the following. If you do not submit an appropriate SF-50, we cannot verify your status eligibility!
- Full position title;
- appointment type;
- occupational series;
- pay plan, grade, and step;
- tenure code; and
- service computation date (SCD).
Displaced Federal employees: You will need to submit documentation verifying your involuntary separation and CTAP/ICTAP status. Please see the OPM
Veterans: veteran eligibility documentation(DD-214, VA Letter, Standard Form (SF) 15 as applicable). Please note: If you are a veteran who has not yet been discharged, you may provide a statement of intent to discharge from your agency which will allow you to apply under the (Veterans Opportunity to Work) VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011.
Persons with Disabilities: Individuals with intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities may apply for appointment through the Schedule A hiring authority.
Certified verification of a disability from a licensed medical professional; a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist; or any Federal, state, or District of Columbia agency or U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits will be required.