Company Name: Eugene Water & Electric Board
Phone Number: (541) 685-7552
Job Title: Real Time Trader
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Power Supply
Posting Start Date: April 1, 2016
Salary: $43.20 - $52.05
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Eugene Water and Electric Board is currently seeking a Real Time Trader II for real time negotiations and implementation of power sales, purchases, and exchanges of power and transmission products over a “next hour” to 24-hour time frame. This position is responsible for knowing current market place price and supply conditions and real-time trading practices. The successful candidate will operate, monitor and control EWEB’s hydroelectric and thermal generating plants through SCADA and controlling by AGC to maximize their value within license conditions, all while undertaking profitable off-system sales as power market conditions and EWEB risk management policies and procedures warrant. They serve in a back-up role to Short-Term Traders. The Real-Time Trader II will have authority to conduct approved trades of power supply with delivery occurring for 1-day, balance of month, and prompt month contracts when transacting in that capacity.
The successful candidate will also:
- Initiate, negotiate and administer real time power and transmission sales, purchases and exchanges with other wholesale power entities. Calculate, estimate, and resolve on a real time basis the system requirements for power interchange to meet EWEB and client utility sales, system load and generation requirements. Determine real time power requirements; make appropriate adjustments using EWEB and WECC scheduling guidelines.
- Monitor and control the hourly and daily operation of EWEB owned or contracted for generation to optimize the economic benefit to EWEB. Monitor and control various reservoir and river levels per FERC regulations.
- Monitor WECC power market conditions to identify and complete profitable off-system transactions. Analyze and determine the most cost effective power transactions to be pursued. Understand and comply with EWEB Wholesale Power Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Participate with power management and planning department members to develop marketing plans and strategies.
- Keep accurate records on all transactions. Prepare and maintain various reports and records, including Microsoft Excel.
- Represent EWEB with other utilities and government agencies.
- Operate EWEB system in compliance with all applicable NERC standards.
- The ability and desire to work 24/7 shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Minimum Experience: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the power or gas trading industry; Experience must include knowledge of Risk Management tools, Knowledge of trading products, regional forward price curves, risk management, pricing strategies, power supply, and transmission/physical assets to execute/facilitate transactions and knowledge of regions in which power is traded;
Education: Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Business Management, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Engineering preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience contributing to the development of proven skills and knowledge may be qualifying.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/eweb/default.cfm for more information and to apply.
Posting End Date: April 15, 2016