Website Ravalli County Electric Cooperative
Ravalli County Electric Cooperative (REC) is a member-owned distribution co-op headquartered in the heart of the Bitterroot Valley in scenic Victor, Montana where hunting, fishing, hiking, and four-season outdoor activities are a way of life. We are actively seeking a full-time Journeyman Lineman to join our team. The position is responsible for safely performing overhead and underground electric line construction and maintenance, equipment operation, and responding to outages.
Essentials For Success:
- Demonstrate Journeyman Level knowledge and abilities of electrical line work to safely construct and maintain electric distribution lines
- Climb poles performing various maintenance/construction tasks
- Operate equipment including bucket truck, digger-derrick, trencher, forklift, chainsaws, etc.
- Must be able to perform CPR and pole top rescue
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems adhering to industry standards and specifications
- Solid communication skills and ability to operate a PC/tablet and Smartphone
- Must live within 30 minutes of REC Headquarters
Desired Education and Experience:
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have completed a recognized, qualified, four-year apprenticeship and have met all requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years in electric utility distribution operations, including distribution system construction and maintenance
- Possess and maintain a valid Montana Class A CDL within 6 months of hire
- Excellent comprehensive NRECA benefits packages including Medical, Vision, and Dental after 90 days, 401(k) Pension Plan and Retirement and Security Plan
Applicants will need to download an employment application from www.ravallielectric.com. Complete the employment application and submit it along with a letter of interest, resume, and references to email@example.com or mail application packet to: Ravalli Electric Cooperative, Attn: HR Department, 143 Bell Xing W, Victor, MT 59875. This position is open until filled. A pre-employment physical, background check, and drug/alcohol test will be conducted.
REC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.ravallielectric.com.