Company Name: Tacoma Power
Phone Number: (253) 591-5400
Job Title: Rates and Forecasting Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: February 27, 2017
Salary: $95,222.40 – $122,075.20
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Tacoma Power is a municipally-owned electric utility serving approximately 170,000 customers across a service area of 180 square miles. It is one of three operating divisions of Tacoma Public Utilities, along with Tacoma Water and Tacoma Rail. “Community Value First” is our strategic principle; we consider our decisions and prioritize resources and programs based on the impact to our customers and community.
Tacoma Power is seeking a talented individual to join its Rates and Forecasting team. The Rates and Forecasting Analyst will be responsible for performing rate analysis and advancing Tacoma Power’s load forecasting capabilities.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work on all aspects of Tacoma Power rate cases.
- Develop and maintain load research data. Work with hourly load data to calculate key inputs for the cost-of-service model and to evaluate the feasibility of different rate designs and different rate schedules.
- Develop end-use forecasts as an alternative for traditional econometric load forecasts. Incorporate scenario analysis of codes, standards, and energy-use technologies for residential, commercial, and industrial load forecasts.
- Perform traditional econometric load forecasts.
- Participate in an Automated Meter Infrastructure (AMI) effort. Use load data to provide useful information for policy makers.
- Experience with energy markets preferred.
- Familiarity with data analysis software.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, or similar field. Graduate degree a plus.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multitask.
- Accomplished writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with peers in a team environment.
- Reliable, high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently.
- Expert MS Excel capability.
How to Apply:
Applications are accepted online at www.cityoftacoma.org/jobs
Interested individuals should apply online and attach a resume and cover letter. Applicants who have the strongest backgrounds related to the responsibilities of this position may be invited to participate in an interview. Appointment is subject to passing a background check.
If you have any additional questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources at 253-591-5400.
Posting End Date: March 17, 2017