Website Public Utility District #1 of Chelan County
Based on level of hire, level I, II or senior, the incumbent may develop, negotiate and administer varying levels of complex and diversified contracts and requests for proposals. This may include routine service agreements, small works, materials/equipment, and public works bids. Act as a District agent to obtain materials, goods, and services in a cost-effective manner and in compliance with applicable laws and/or District policies. Determine and may advise on appropriate procurement methods and procedures. Administer and may monitor and coordinate bid development, evaluation, and awards. Provide input and assistance on routine to moderately complex contract disputes and other issues. Monitor contract closeout. May perform peer review of contract documents, suggest process improvements and mentor junior level incumbents.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily.
1. EF Utilizing District boilerplate documents, develop routine to complex service agreements, material/equipment bids, small works bid documents and public works/labor and materials bid documents. May review draft resolutions for Board actions related to contract award and administrative actions.
2. EF Administer routine to complex service agreements, material/equipment bids, small works, and public works bids from initiation to closeout. Monitor contracts to determine necessity for changes and to ensure contracts comply with legal, internal and departmental policies, procedures, and District delegation. Identify issues, recommend solutions and escalate to management.
3. EF Participate in contract negotiations of varying complexities. May develop and administer requests for proposals including leading or advising customers in appropriate content and process for solicitation, evaluation and award.
4. EF Perform peer reviews of other contract documents and provide input to final products.
5. EF Suggest and implement process improvements and innovative ideas designed to improve service, control costs or achieve other District goals. Participate or lead efforts to revisions and/or implementation of contract processes & procedures, standards, boilerplates, information systems and decision support tools, incorporating requirements of keys stakeholders. Participate on cross functional teams.
6. EF Review purchase orders for compliance with internal policies and procedures and take action to resolve, as needed. Assist Purchasing Agents with routine procurement activities.
7. EF Ongoing Train and mentor lower level purchasing staff, as needed. May lead contract negotiations of varying complexity.
8. EF Ongoing Develop and maintain effective relationships with other Public Utility Districts (PUD’s), District contractors, and internal customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) in Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certifications such as Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (UPPCC), Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) or Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), Institute for Supply Management (ISM), and/or Certified Purchasing Manager(CPM)/ Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) are preferred.
Two (2) years (full time or equivalent) experience administering contracts, agreements or bids, or closely related purchasing experience, preferably in a public procurement environment. Level II incumbents must possess four (4) years’ experience that should include examples of contract or agreement administration, bid preparation, and leading contract negotiations.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The position may be filled at varying levels. In addition to a competitive salary range (based on qualifications, skills, and abilities), Chelan PUD employees also enjoy outstanding benefits which include the option of a zero-cost medical plan (medical, dental and vision for all eligible dependents), short and long-term disability, Washington State Public Employee’s Retirement System, Deferred Compensation (with company matching funds up to 5%), 11 holidays and initial personal leave accrual at 21 days per year. Level I: $63,440 – $79,300; Level II: $72,720 – $90,000; Senior: $80,240 – $100,300
Chelan County PUD is located in the geographical center of Washington State at the confluence of the Columbia and Wenatchee rivers. A public power leader, the complex and progressive nature of PUD operations offer a unique mix of challenges and opportunities.
We rely on the mighty Columbia River for much of our hydropower generation and we’re proud to take a leadership role in environmental stewardship as related to this great river system. Each year we dedicate millions of dollars and thousands of work hours to protect and enhance fish, wildlife and plant ecosystems. As part of hydropower operations, we’ve also built 14 parks that serve more than 3 million visitors each year.
Rated by Forbes in 2017 and 2019 as one of the top 25 places to retire, Wenatchee is a recreational paradise with an abundance of adventure. The natural scenic beauty of the Wenatchee Valley provides a vivid backdrop to its thriving economy, where the quality of life is high and the climate is moderate with four distinct seasons, including more than 200 days of sunshine!
Chelan PUD is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce. M/F/Vet/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at: http://www.chelanpud.org/about-us/careers. Applicants are required to submit a combined cover letter and resume in one document. Your cover letter must summarize your interest in the position and related contract administration experience. Incomplete materials will not be considered. To expedite the application process, combine your cover letter and resume into one PDF or WORD document before applying and upload electronically when requested in the online application process. This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED and applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Interested parties are also invited to contact Ruth Erwert, Recruiting Manager, at email@example.com to discuss the position.
To apply for this job please visit www.chelanpud.org.