Company Name: Grant County PUD
Job Title: Project Specialist III – Training Program Administrator
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: August 31, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Training Program Administrator will directly impact the internal Hydro division regulatory training function as well as coordinating opportunities for District wide training requirements. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a deep level of subject matter expertise in regulatory compliance as it pertains to training and development, coordination and logistical problem solving, and internal business processes.
This position will work with various departments to include, Safety, HR, Maintenance and Planning on a variety of diverse projects. Responsible for leading and promoting the District’s employee development, safety, and potentially the apprenticeship training programs. Identifies, monitors, and develops required safety training and skill development needs for all job work groups.
The position requires a professional who likes dealing with data and working in a fast-paced, fun environment. You should be able to juggle multiple tasks and adapt to new priorities on the fly, be highly productive and detail-oriented; exhibit strong organizational and customer service skills; and must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Develop, coordinate, schedule and instruct District skill development classes including: mechanical and/or electrical maintenance and operation of equipment, such as GCB’s, Governors, Pumps, Protective Relays, shop tools and equipment; District Policies and Procedures
- Develop, coordinate, schedule and instruct District training classes including: forklifts, aerial lifts, scissor lifts, flagger certification, defensive driving, confined space training (rescue), fall protection, First Aid/CPR/AED, and hazardous communication. Ensure District is in compliance with State/Federal training requirements
- Conduct training needs assessments and recommend new programs. Track training effectiveness and problem areas and make policy/training recommendations.
- Conduct post-training assessments through written surveys or interviews
- Develop and maintain individual areas of technical and instructional expertise through self-directed research and study, and participate in formal training opportunities
- Prepare and distribute training aids such as instructional materials, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids; sets up audiovisual equipment, schedules appropriate classroom
- Copy, file and print documents and training records
- Assist in the departmental budgeting process
- Audit and verify training records for accuracy
- Create reports and assemble training materials on a regular basis
- Conduct quality control audits to test the integrity of internal training records.
- Review invoices and collect quotes for training services
- Field incoming calls and requests from our customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years of post-high school studies in industrial electricity or a mechanical trade is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or five (5) years’ of equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in maintenance and operation in the utility industry (electric, water, telecom), or industrial safety.
- Experience in adult learning, leadership studies, and course development is preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in the Electric utility industry
- Strong Presentation skills, training aptitude and the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Determination/eagerness to learn about environmental health & safety field.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA and WAC codes, and the ability to understand and interpret rules and regulations.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and PowerPoint).
- Must possess, or obtain within six months of hire, First Aid/CPR/AED trainer certification.
- Ability to work as a team player
- The duties of this position are primarily performed in an office environment with occasional exposure to a noisy and vibrating work environment.
- Must be able to travel to and from meetings and other offices and facilities.
- This position requires a high degree of discretion and involves exposure to highly sensitive information.
Position Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
References and Background Checks are done as part of our employment process.
How to Apply:
Apply online: http://www.appone.com/applinkportal.asp?R_ID=1389072&AdCode=NW00497196
Posting End Date: September 30, 2016