Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Project Manager R18-155
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: March 14, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Project Manager (R18-155)
Coordinate multiple discipline activities in managing the implementation of complex substation, transmission, and distribution capital projects to achieve company goals and objectives. Refine the scope and estimates for assigned projects, and maintain accurate project forecasts. Apply effective project controls to identify/mitigate risks and ensure projects are delivered on-time, on budget, and remain within the project scope. Develop quality project plans and communicate pertinent project information to company stakeholders. This position requires familiarity with the use of corporate financial reporting software (e.g. PowerPlant) and scheduling software.
You will support our journey by:
- (50%) Facilitate project meetings and coordinate activities of internal/external workgroups in the design and construction of PGE’s largest Generation, Transmission and Distribution (GTD) capital projects. Monitor construction progress and identify/address risks that may affect timely project completion. Implement effective scope controls, monitor capital expenditures, and maintain accurate project forecasts. Ensure timely submittal of funding project revisions to the Capital Review Group per PGE policy.
- (25%) Lead multidisciplinary teams in the development of baseline project plans, project schedules, construction sequencing plans, and resource strategies.
- (25%) Communicate project updates via regular stakeholder meetings and electronic communications. Ensure monthly updates to the GTD Project Management SharePoint site achieves effective corporate awareness and accurately reports project status/financials. Compile performance data to prepare project post-completion reports and described lessons learned.
- Understanding of and experience in the construction communications projects.
- Experience in construction of communications infrastructure projects including microwaves and fiber.
- Project management experience with network rollout of MPLS technology.
- Project management experience with outside telecommunications vendors installing multi-site projects
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Position typically requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field.
- Position requires 10 years of utility or related experience with 7 years of experience in the project management, construction management, engineering, design, operation, or maintenance of electrical facilities.
- Ability to manage the largest and most complex GTD capital projects.
- Comprehensive understanding and application of project management principles, processes, and procedures.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills, including negotiation skills and ability to skillfully conduct presentations and project meetings.
- Proficient leadership skills, including effective conflict management and influencing.
- Thorough knowledge of utility scale construction projects, including feasibility, estimating, and scheduling.
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and contract administration.
- Working knowledge of construction/engineering disciplines, and technical understanding of utility infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of applicable policies, rules, regulations, and codes in the utility engineering field.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple project responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative solutions to project management challenges.
- Demonstrated expertise in utility construction management preferred.
- Ability to prepare budget/resource forecasts.
- Ability to interpret project deliverable content.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to use corporate financial reporting software (e.g. PowerPlant).
- PMP Certification Recommended.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABILITIES and PROCESSESS
- Develop and apply methodologies to resolve problems/issues.
- Develop and establish procedural changes.
- Interpret design and operating policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Balance the requirements and priorities of multiple projects.
- Effectively represent the department to interdepartmental stakeholders.
- Must have valid driver’s license with evidence of a safe driving record.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-155. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: April 13, 2018