Peninsula Light Company, a mutual co-op power utility, is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Power Utility System Engineer. This salaried exempt position reports to the Supervising System Engineer and involves the development, analysis, design, testing, deployment and interface of applications for operational technologies of a mutual co-op power utility. The key functions of the position include power systems status and control systems, metering, mapping systems, data visualization, work force management, system integration, and project management. Competitive Salary DOE. PenLight offers a generous benefit package and retirement plans. Excellent community location in lovely Gig Harbor, WA.
Additionally, the position will provide analytical assistance to the Engineering Manager, and other staff as assigned. This position will provide a key role in implementing and deploying mobile technologies for the engineering department. The position works with all other departments of the Company, as necessary, to gather, analyze, document, and report or recommend actions to improve system reliability or operational posture. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a non-supervisory position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Interfaces with System Engineer, Engineering Manager and other personnel with system level activities for operational technology integration at Peninsula Light Company.
- Systems contact between Engineering Department and other PLC departments.
- Develop initiatives to enhance inter-system integrations
- Develop effective Systems solutions with PLC field and office personnel, with a specific focus on mobility technologies
- Maintain and develop effective relationships between PLC and technology vendors.
- Contribute to systems and methodologies development that will integrate enterprise-wide initiatives (DMS/OMS, CIS, AMR, GIS, MWFM etc.).
- Foster cross-functional relationships to identify and pursue beneficial cost-reduction opportunities and integration opportunities.
- Assist in testing, commissioning and troubleshooting of systems, as needed
- Work with the Operations, Engineering and Member Services staff to facilitate technology application and integration.
3. Analyze, evaluate and document information to be used in the establishment of standards and performance criteria.
4. Participate in evaluating and coordinating recommendations for new equipment, materials, systems, procedures/methods, standards, technologies, performance measures, and staff training to improve operations efficiency and effectiveness. Remain current in the Company’s power system technologies to ensure periodic updating and modification is considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the concepts of electric utility procedures, operations, techniques, materials, and standards.
- Ability to work with widely diverse activities and disciplines, in a variety of work centers, to coordinate the documentation, evaluation, and utilization of data.
- Working knowledge of and ability to work with work order systems and construction standards, and use and development of project management reports.
- Ability to clearly communicate effectively in both oral and written communication.
- Skill in using office productivity software and project management software.
WORKING CONDITION PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is performed in both office and outside field environment. Individual will be subjected to all weather conditions and may be occasionally scheduled to be available for weekend work. This position requires frequent driving and field inspections of electric utility systems and facilities in a service area of about 100 square miles. Work site visitations will involve maneuvering through rough, uneven terrain in all types of seasonal conditions. The position requires considerable oral, written and verbal communication skills, and deals with visually presented material.