Company Name: Pend Oreille Public Utility District
Phone Number: (509) 447-9095
Job Title: Power Supply Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: March 29, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Public Utility District No. 1 of Pend Oreille County
Power Supply Manager
The District is seeking a well-qualified individual to oversee all operation and maintenance functions at the District’s Box Canyon hydroelectric facility, located just north of Ione, WA. Responsibilities will also include all related production, storage and pumping facilities owned and operated by the District.
This individual will perform a broad range of managerial duties, to include:
• Direct, supervise, schedule and coordinate daily operations – including maintenance, construction and administration – of all production facilities.
• Oversee activity related to planning, preparation and execution of maintenance tasks, safety/training programs, workforce planning and materials acquisition.
• Ensure proper coordination among departments to ensure safe, efficient and economical operations throughout the District.
• Coordinate engineering/construction efforts as needed, with District staff and contractor personnel.
• Assume the role of Chief Dam Safety Engineer working within FERC guidelines.
• Must share a personal and professional commitment to protecting the safety and health of our customers, our employees, and our contractors in order to ensure a reliable workforce and an educated community
Qualified candidates should have a thorough working knowledge of industrial/hydroelectric plant operations, maintenance, and design; experience with major capital improvement projects; knowledge of high voltage electrical systems, including substations and transmission; and, the ability to effectively supervise craft and other support staff. Individual must be able to successfully interact with other District staff, contractors, outside agencies and the public.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other equivalent discipline, along with ten (10) years of progressively more responsible experience in a related setting (including management) is required. A Professional Engineering (P.E.) license is a plus. Must live within 30 minutes of Box Canyon Dam.
How to Apply:
Please apply at www.popud.org or by mail along with an application, resume and cover letter, to PO Box 190, Newport, WA 99156, Fax (509) 447-9091 Attn: Human Resources. E-mail submissions may be sent to: email@example.com. Salary DOQ, outstanding benefit package.
The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting End Date: April 27, 2018