Company Name: Silicon Valley Clean Energy
Phone Number: (917) 974-0199
Job Title: Power Supply Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Power Supply
Posting Start Date: October 17, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Silicon Valley Clean Energy Authority is a local public agency formed in March 2016 to bring cleaner energy to residents and businesses in participating communities. Participating jurisdictions include Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Morgan Hill, Mountain View, Saratoga, Sunnyvale and the unincorporated areas of Santa Clara County. SVCE is guided by a Board of Directors, which is comprised of a representative from the governing body of each member community.
The Power Supply Analyst has responsibility for power portfolio purchasing, risk mitigation, deal structuring, contract negotiations, and project development to support the goals of supplying carbon free power. The Power Supply Analyst will:
- Work with consultants, vendors, scheduling coordinator, and senior management to analyze risk and value around complex transactions and portfolio positions, including power generation, load forecasts and load scheduling, hedging strategies.
- Identify opportunities for portfolio optimization, budget savings, congestion cost avoidance and project development.
- Develop, manage, maintain relationships with power suppliers.
- Support in the preparation of solicitations/request for offers of energy and capacity products, supplier/developer communications, analytical support during proposal/bid evaluation & contract negotiations.
- Assist with the management of resource adequacy requirements and congestion revenue rights to identify financially advantageous strategies to lower overall power supply costs.
- Monitor energy market activities, including pricing trends and forward curves related to market energy, renewable energy and capacity.
The Ideal Candidate…
The Power Supply Analyst will have knowledge of energy generation technologies including carbon free electric energy and renewable energy; procurement processes and use of renewable energy certificates to support mandatory and voluntary compliance programs; CAISO scheduling and settlements processes; energy storage technologies; and the structure and content of standard power purchase agreements for various resource types. The qualified candidate will possess:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, or related field.
Community Choice Aggregation, or in a closely related field. Extensive experience with CAISO scheduling and settlements is required.
Experience: Three years of progressively responsible experience in electric utility power procurement,
How to Apply:
Compensation and Benefits…
Competitive compensation package offered, based on candidate experience.
Application and Selection Process…
The position is open until filled. To be considered for this position, please submit a SVCE application, detailed resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Bryce Consulting, Inc.
3436 American River Drive, Ste. 7A
Sacramento, CA 95864
Tel: 916-974-0199 Fax: 916-974-0224
The SVCE application can be found at: www.SVCleanEnergy.org/JoinOurTeam
Posting End Date: November 16, 2017