Company Name: Silicon Valley Clean Energy
Phone Number: (917) 974-0199
Job Title: Power Settlements and Compliance Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Power Supply
Posting Start Date: October 17, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Silicon Valley Clean Energy Authority is a local public agency formed in March 2016 to bring cleaner energy to residents and businesses in participating communities. Participating jurisdictions include Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Morgan Hill, Mountain View, Saratoga, Sunnyvale and the unincorporated areas of Santa Clara County. SVCE is guided by a Board of Directors, which is comprised of a representative from the governing body of each member community.
The Power Settlements & Compliance Analyst has responsibility for invoice validation, payment processing, contract compliance and dispute resolution, tracking and resolution of CAISO statement discrepancies, and operations reporting to support the SVCE power supply portfolio. The new Power Settlements & Compliance Analyst will:
- Serve as point of contact for counterparties in ensuring compliance with supply agreements.
- Monitor and manage assigned counterparty relationships to support performance and contract compliance.
- Performance auditing and monitoring for power supply contracts, including contract milestones and deliverables.
- Perform validation on invoices as assigned to insure accurate charges and credits have been applied.
- Assist with the management of Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) standards and compliance filings, Western Regional Energy Generation Information System (WREGIS) accounting and certificate transfer review and retirement.
- Provide data analysis and support in preparing various regulatory compliance reports such as California’s Power Source Disclosure Program or biennial Integrated Energy Policy Report.
- Work with consultants, vendors, scheduling coordinator, and senior management to quantify the costs associated with complex transactions and portfolio positions, including power generation, hedging strategies, load forecasts and load scheduling.
The Ideal Candidate…
The Power Settlements & Compliance Analyst will have knowledge of energy generation technologies including carbon free electric energy, conventional energy, and renewable energy; procurement processes and use of renewable energy certificates to support mandatory and voluntary compliance programs; CAISO settlements process; and the structure and content of standard power purchase agreements for various resource types. The qualified candidate will possess:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in economics, operations research, accounting, business, or related field.
Experience: Three years of progressively responsible experience in electric utility power settlements or accounting or reporting, Community Choice Aggregation program, or in a closely related field. Extensive experience in the management of CAISO settlements is required. Advanced knowledge and experience with spreadsheets & database usage, design, and development a plus.
Compensation and Benefits…
Competitive compensation package offered, based on candidate experience
How to Apply:
Application and Selection Process…
The position is open until filled. To be considered for this position, please submit a SVCE application, detailed resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Bryce Consulting, Inc.
3436 American River Drive, Ste. 7A
Sacramento, CA 95864
Tel: 916-974-0199 Fax: 916-974-0224
The SVCE application can be found at: www.SVCleanEnergy.org/JoinOurTeam
Posting End Date: November 16, 2017