Company Name: Eugene Water & Electric Board
Phone Number: (541) 685-7552
Job Title: Power Settlements Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Finance and Accounting
Posting Start Date: June 19, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Eugene Water & Electric Board seeks an experienced Power Settlements Analyst to perform accounting and settlement responsibilities associated with the purchase and sale of electric power, financial products and renewable energy credits (REC) for the utility and client customers. The selected candidate will:
- Use computer software to verify data and billing for transactions including transmission, ancillary services products, BPA load imbalance, wholesale energy contracts and RECs.
- Negotiate directly with counter-parties to settle billing disputes.
- Maintain and verify all power accounting transactions, generation and interchange data from the Energy Trading and Risk Management software.
- Prepare industrial customer electric power data requirements and billing.
- Produce tax reporting such as CILT (City of Eugene in Lieu Tax Payment).
- Reconcile monthly generation and wholesale sales with load and wholesale purchases (sources and uses).
- Maintain and assist in the development of accounting database and archive files of generation, interchange and transfers.
- Be responsible for power transaction reporting requirements including Sources and Uses, reallocation of transactions within BPA power contracts and WECC Unscheduled Flow. Assist short-term traders in trade and tag entry to allow for proper settlement and reporting.
Successful candidates will have high attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, and interest in finding efficiencies in all facets of their work.
Minimum Experience: Two years accounting experience analyzing large amounts of data, as well as solid understanding of standard general accounting procedures. Basic understanding of power trading and scheduling, power contracts and NERC tagging is preferred. Strong computer skills are essential, with an emphasis on Excel.
Education: Associates’ degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
Desirable education, experience, training and certifications: See above.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of experience and education may be qualifying.
Valid driver license: Yes or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of being hired.
Professional license or registration: None
Post-offer background check required: Yes
Post-offer drug test required: No
Post-offer physical / functional test required: No
Apprenticeship or other education/training required as a condition of employment, progression or advancement: None
Posting End Date: June 30, 2017