Company Name: Northern Wasco County PUD
Phone Number: (541) 296-2226
City: The Dalles
Job Title: Power Resources Specialist
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Power Supply
Posting Start Date: June 11, 2018
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Position collects and analyzes electric load and resource data, maintains data bases, prepares reports utilizing data on electric loads and resources, and maintains data and files on active contracts regarding power purchases, power sales, and transmission agreements.
The work requires professional knowledge of the concepts and principles in statistics, economics and energy accounting. In addition a position at this level acquires familiarity with power generation, transmission, distribution, and data processing activities. Many of the work activities are recurring tasks and assignments requiring the employee to resolve routine problems and refer any unusual problems to the supervisor. Different guidelines and standard procedures are used to choose the correct procedures to perform the work. Judgment may be used in analyzing and presenting data when assisting in developing operational plans and other analyses. Contacts include management staff, accounts payable personnel, regulatory agencies, and other private and public power utility personnel for the purpose of obtaining data, providing information, answering questions, comparing data, and preparing routine reports.
Specific Job Skills:
- Must demonstrate expert skills with Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel, Word and database applications.
- Proficiency with external data management systems, including query development and data analysis.
- Must possess excellent technical report writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn new skills on proprietary information systems is essential.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in related field (engineering, economics, energy, physics, math or accounting)
- Desired: Master’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, Math, or other scientific field (Combinations of education, training and experience will be evaluated on an individual basis for equivalency).
- Five years prior electric power or related energy industry experience including: energy analysis, time-series data management, and accounting.
- Position may require attendance at off-site meetings. Must have a valid, current driver’s license. Driving record must be acceptable and insurable by NWCPUD insurance carrier at standard group rates. An annual consent for a release of one’s driving record is also required.
Other combinations of education and/or experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to do the work will also be considered
How to Apply:
Intended career track for this position is Power Resources Specialist of varying levels with eventual growth and development into Power Manager (or similar).
Please visit www.nwascopud.org – you may apply through the website.
Posting End Date: August 13, 2018