Company Name: City of Tacoma
Phone Number: (253) 591-5400
Job Title: Power Resource Planning and Evaluation Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: September 18, 2017
Salary: $149,260.80 - $191,360.00
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Tacoma Power is seeking an industry leader that oversees development of long-term resource acquisition strategies, executes major power supply contracts, manages contracts with very large business customers, determines utility-wide conservation goals, evaluates energy policy alternatives, and assesses the effectiveness conservation acquisition strategies. Successfully accomplishing these responsibilities lowers utility costs and helps Tacoma Power to achieve its mission of providing environmentally responsible electric services at the lowest cost of service rates.
If you enjoy shaping the direction of power resource and energy policy decisions based on outstanding analysis and you have the desire and talent to lead and develop amazing employees, then this is the position for you!
This position is multi-faceted and we are looking for someone with a proven track record in leadership, electric utility power planning, operations and/or power marketing.
As the Resource Planning and Evaluation Manager, you will:
• Refine Tacoma Power’s strategy to maintain an adequate supply of appropriate energy resources to meet retail customer’s long-term needs. Manage the timely development, analysis and execution of key long-term bulk power planning and acquisition activities needed to comply with regulatory requirements and meet the expectations of communities we serve.
• Identify and follow key federal and state policy developments affecting energy and transmission resources. At the policy development stage, work to influence decision makers in directions that benefit Tacoma Power. Ensure utility compliance with regulatory mandates.
• Establish conservation acquisition targets and assess the effectiveness of conservation programs.
• Actively participate in the leadership of Power Management Section.
• Special assignments in response to requests by senior management, elected officials, board members, and public inquiries.
The ideal candidate is expected to work openly in a collaborative environment, think strategically, and balance the operations and management of a talented workforce. Modeling effective communication and fostering an environment of trust are critical to successfully managing our diverse workforce.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management, Economics, or a related field;
• Seven years of increasingly responsible experience in electric utility power planning, operations or marketing;
• Demonstrated ability to lead effectively including one year of supervisory experience
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should apply online and attach a detailed resume and cover letter that includes job experience, major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position. Applicants whose backgrounds most closely reflect the current needs of the department may be invited to participate in assessments and an interview. Reference checks will be conducted on final candidates and appointment is subject to passing a background check.
Posting End Date: October 14, 2017