Company Name: Copper Valley Electric Association
Phone Number: (907) 822-8342
Job Title: Power Plant Operator
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Power Supply
Posting Start Date: January 13, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
- Ability to function under adverse outage conditions which requires a thorough working knowledge of operating procedures, outage restoration procedures, switching procedures, and maintenance program, as well as normal operating procedures to maximize resources, water, and fuel.
- Must keep up-to-date records on generation units, fuel availability, outages, switching, personnel activities that may affect the operation of the system, and report changes to supervisors per directives and communications.
- Maintains working knowledge of up-to-date first aid techniques and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Provides minor repair and maintenance on all Cooperative vehicles, building grounds, and generation equipment in an efficient and thorough manner.
- Provide minor repair and maintenance on Cooperative’s electrical equipment, including furnaces, boilers, lighting, and generation-related equipment.
- Keeps plant and shop area clean and orderly, including parts storage area.
- Must be proficient in the use of basic electrical test equipment in order to maintain equipment.
- Performs welding, fabrication, and remodeling as directed by the Chief Plant Operator.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical/mechanical blue prints as required to perform routine maintenance.
- Maintains working knowledge of up-to-date electrical safety codes.
- Performs maintenance tasks on generation prime movers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Relevant generation plant experience, including equipment overhauls and maintenance activities, and sufficient technical training to perform plant electrician duties is desired
- Must have a valid Alaska driver’s license to operate vehicles and equipment required by the position
- Must have or the ability to obtain a Federal Motor Carriers Medical Certificate
- Must be able to fulfill the mental and physical requirements of the Plant Operator position
- Must recognize the responsibility of the Cooperative to its members to provide continuity of service, which may require working overtime
- Follows all safety rules and procedures and ensures that those under his/her directions comply with these rules and regulations
How to Apply:
A detailed application packet is available at www.cvea.org, careers section.
Application deadline is 5 p.m., February 15, 2017.
Posting End Date: February 15, 2017