Company Name: Utah Associated Municipal Power Systems (UAMPS)
Phone Number: (801) 566-3938
City: Salt Lake City
Job Title: Power Plant Operations and Maintenance Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: September 7, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
EXAMPLE OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs plant operations and maintenance to assure generating requirements and plant efficiencies are maintained, and local, state and federal environmental standards are met.
• Investigates operating incidents and abnormalities to improve equipment availability and to minimize maintenance requirements.
• Prepares and continually reviews procedures necessary for plant operation, maintenance, plant operator and maintenance qualification documents.
• Prepares plant operations and maintenance reports as necessary and in a timely manner, and investigates all forced outages and performance degradation.
• Reviews and provides operational inputs to maintenance and engineering projects.
• Prepares operating and maintenance department budgets and/or makes recommendations to the Plant Manager relative to said budgets.
• Assists with regulatory compliance, reporting and inspections by outside agencies.
• Assists in interviews and assigns operations and maintenance employment candidates and assures complete and proper professional, safety training, and orientation for all staff members.
• Manages the DOT gas line program with assistance from the Plant Manager.
• Manages the plant CMMS system.
• Develop, coordinate, and maintain the staff work schedule.
• Follows all safety/environmental policies, procedures, rules and participates in training. Promotes the Company’s safety and environmental vision through actions and conduct.
• Will be on call 24 hours per day with back up from the Plant Manager.
• Establishes and monitors sampling programs to ensure that the chemistry specifications for site equipment and systems remain in specification for the required operating, shutdown, or lay-up condition.
• Responsible for inventory management and control of facility’s parts and consumables.
• Oversees and coordinates all plant modifications and retrofit projects and coordinates between the plant, maintenance providers and other contractors.
• Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Operations and Maintenance Manager is responsible for the safety and health of those employees who work under his or her supervision. Employee safety must be the first consideration at the beginning of each workday and at the beginning of each work assignment.
• Direct supervision of the Control Room Operators, Field Operators, and I&E Technician.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent job experience.
• Minimum of seven years relevant power plant-related experience, including a minimum of two years supervisory or managerial background.
• A thorough, demonstrated understanding of power plant operations, with strong knowledge of generating equipment, fuel systems, labor and cleaning functions, Working knowledge of plant engineering and plant maintenance functions, and how they interrelate to operations. Working knowledge of accounting practices as it relates to operations and maintenance budgets.
• Planning, coordinating and directing varied programs and tasks directly involved with the operations and maintenance of the plant. Ability to recognize operational and maintenance problems and direct their timely resolution.
• Ability to pass respirator fit tests to use respiratory protective equipment or self-contained breathing apparatus at all times.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and technical writing.
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Working knowledge of Turbine Control Systems including an Historian.
• Working knowledge of the TML/Reg Perfect CEMS system including QC of the data.
• Have a working knowledge of air and water discharge permits and their effects on operations.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter that includes job experience, major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position to email@example.com. Applicants whose backgrounds most closely reflect the current needs of UAMPS may be invited to participate in an interview. Reference checks will be conducted on final candidates and hiring is subject to passing a background check and drug screening.
Posting End Date: September 29, 2017