Company Name: Northern California Power Agency
Phone Number: (916) 781-3636
Job Title: Power Plant Engineer III-IV
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: October 27, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in the review and technical/economic analysis of new projects, and with development of specifications, negotiation of agreements with counter parties. Prepares periodic reports on progress and issues relating to the above.
- Investigates and determines methods to improve performance and efficiency of power plant equipment and systems including turbine generators, condensers, pumps, cooling towers and heat exchangers, etc. and conducts engineering and economic analyses for consideration by the supervisor.
- Participates in troubleshooting Plant equipment operating problems, performs “root cause” analyses and assists in the implementation of measures to prevent future problems.
- Develops technical specifications and assists with the development of equipment supply and construction contracts.
- Acts as project manager on assigned projects which includes planning, interdepartmental coordination, budgeting, implementation, progress reporting, quality control, payment approval, etc.
- Acts as the primary technical resource for the facility Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) including program upgrades, creation of customized reports, system troubleshooting and personnel training.
- Maintains and communicates within the Generation Services Department up-to-date information on relevant trends and new technologies in the field of Reliability and Plant Engineering. Analyzes the need for maintenance activities such as condition based, predictive, preventative, scheduled, etc. and participates in the planning and scheduling of such activities.
- Acts as a Geothermal Facilities point of contact with the NCPA Generation Services Engineering Department and provides engineering assistance as requested.
- Provides input to the Plant budget and Business Plan.
- Participates in the facility safety program.
- Interfaces with Reservoir Engineer V to optimize plant output.
- Stays abreast of electricity market conditions and communicates findings regularly to Plant staff.
- Manages the plant drawing files, including updating files with as-built changes.
- Prepares reports and makes oral presentations at public meetings.
- Reports for work on time and maintains satisfactory attendance in accordance with Agency policy. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrives to meetings and appointments on time.
Plant Engineer IV – Leads large scale projects and may act as interim supervisor as needed.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred) from an accredited four-year college or university is required. For Engineer III, a minimum of five (5) years in plant/production engineering, preferably within the Geothermal industry. For Engineer IV, a minimum of seven (7) years plant/production engineering with either a current California Professional Engineering license is preferred or an additional three (3) years of related engineering experience. In addition, through education, experience or training, must possess knowledge of:
- Industry codes and standards;
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) or similar work management system, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and/or Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) and the application of CBM equipment;
- Steam turbine plant performance monitoring and power plant electrical systems;
- Writing reports and analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals;
- Making presentations before management, public groups and others;
- Communicating and transferring knowledge to others, as in a training setting.
- Supervising of professional staff, including conducting interviews, setting goals and evaluating performance.
- Managing construction projects.
How to Apply:
To apply please visit our website at: http://www.ncpa.com/careers/job-listings/
Posting End Date: December 26, 2016