Application deadline: June 4, 2018
Become a part of the Portland General Electric Team!
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. We are a proud and resourceful team who take care of each other, our communities and our natural resources.
Portland General Electric team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. Our team has a tremendous range of skill sets, and is dedicated to diversity, community, and our customers.
Working for PGE is fun, challenging and enriching, and with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like working for PGE too. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Join us and power your potential.
Power Plant Control Operator (U18-086) $45.41/hr
In this position you will operate and monitor all equipment at the Boardman Plant from the control room to safely, reliably and efficiently produce power. You will also direct crew members to support operations at the Boardman Plant.
You can bring the following skills to our team:
- Must have completed the Boardman Control Operator program, passing both a written and oral exam, or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Must thoroughly understand and be able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of mechanics, controls, logics, chemistry, and electricity as they apply to the Boardman Plant.
- Must thoroughly understand and be able to demonstrate the procedures for remotely starting, stopping, controlling, and isolating plant systems and equipment under normal and emergency conditions.
- Must have ability to direct PEO to operate and monitor equipment both directly and over plant communications system.
- Inspect, analyze, and review equipment and system problems using remote readings, computer printouts, recorders, alarm readouts, system prints, logic diagram, and electrical schematics. Come to conclusions and act to correct problems or write maintenance requests, design changes, or reports to create solutions to problems.
- Operate plant systems from the Control Room including: turbine, generator, pulverizers, furnace, combustion air, feedwater, condensate, circulating water, coal handling, soot blowing, pollution control, fire suppression, and electrical distribution. Start, stop, and control equipment from Control Room using proper procedures and system knowledge to safely and efficiently produce power while keeping equipment within design parameters.
- Must have ability to read and gain information from plant drawings, P&IDs, logics, and electrical schematics.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Your Total Compensation Package
Portland General Electric believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company and at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future. This package includes medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that include a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions, a stock purchase plan, plus more.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING