Company Name: The City of Tacoma
Phone Number: (253) 502-8158
Job Title: Power Business Planning Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: June 13, 2016
Salary: 81,972.80 - $105,081.60
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Tacoma Power’s Rates Planning and Analysis Section is seeking an experienced professional who thrives in a dynamic environment and is able to work on various projects simultaneously while staying organized and delivering high quality work on time. This position plays a primary role in coordinating Tacoma Power’s O&M budget and business planning efforts. This position manages the consolidation and distribution for the operating budgets and related reports for Tacoma Power and provides information and analysis necessary for effective decision making based on financial expectations. This position provides analytical, logistical and planning support for business process improvements across Tacoma Power.
The Rates, Planning and Analysis workgroup in Tacoma Power values innovation, agility and collaboration. If you are a person who thrives in a team atmosphere, surrounded by experts in their field who are proud to deliver services beyond customer expectations, then this is the job for you. If you enjoy taking ideas and best practices and turning them into practical applications, we want to meet you.
- Plan for, coordinate, communicate and oversee Power’s O&M biennial budget process to provide central decision-making support to Section Managers and the Superintendent.
- Assess the budget process, identify areas for improvement, identify areas of excellence, identify risks with implementing new process and tools, identify benefits, plan the process.
- Review budget to actual performance for variances.
- Facilitate team discussions among the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- Business Planning assistance in managing strategic initiatives.
- Lead continuous efforts to identify and implement best practices for management of a strategic initiative portfolio.
- Analytics and forecasting.
- Supervision of a Management Analyst II
Use data and information in a clear and rational process to assess and understand issues, evaluate options, form accurate conclusions, and make decisions. Gather, assemble, analyze and evaluate facts to draw logical conclusions and make proper recommendations. Prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive written reports which require displaying and presenting statistical, graphical, and other reporting methods to audiences of varying technical sophistication.Research
Effectively identify, collect, organize and document data and information in ways that make the information most useful for subsequent assessment, analysis, and investigation. Compile and maintain reports, records and various other forms of pertinent information in an organized and professional manner.
Operate personal computer and assigned operating software in support of assigned business unit’s goals. Expert level knowledge and understanding of Microsoft SharePoint and Office suite.
Develop and lead cross-functional teams to solicit input and make decisions in support of O&M budget processes and strategic initiatives.
Effective communication both verbal and in writing including the compilation of reports, presentations and records; interacting respectfully and sensitively with individuals and groups to develop and maintain productive relationships and achieve results. Makes excellent customer service a high priority, responding to changing customer needs, and helping customers implement complete solutions.
Conduct all assignments in a professional and timely manner, work with confidentiality and discretion, maintain professional skills that apply to all aspects of field of assigned specialty through continued education and/or training. Remain current by reading and interpreting applicable ordinances, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in budgeting, accounting, business administration, analytics, or project management.
- A bachelor’s degree in business management, finance, accounting or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to organize multiple assignments, complex assignments, and competing priorities to produce products that are accurate and on time.
- Ability to accurately choose from and utilize a variety of mathematical and/or statistical techniques to formulate conclusions or solve practical problems.
- Data reporting experience including data mining, analysis and research.
- Interpersonal and consulting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should complete an online application and attach a cover letter and resume that includes major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position. Applicants who have the strongest backgrounds related to the responsibilities of this position may be invited to participate in an interview. Appointment is subject to passing a background check.
Posting End Date: June 27, 2016