Website Portland General Electric
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
Provides contract management, coordination and inspection expertise for construction and maintenance projects.
Key Job Information
Staff Field Construction Coordinator 6902 Grade 7
Career Level: P3 Career Professional
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems
- Takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
Construction and Inspection Activities
- Supervises and inspects contractors’ installation of underground conduit systems for medium to large or complex projects
- Inspects and approves complex customer trench and conduits
- Ensuring proper design and that easements are lawful
- Coordinates meetings and works with service design project managers (SDPMs), line operations and other PGE departments and adjacent utilities on redesigns
- Conducts job walks with PGE staff to collect information and assess medium to large or complex projects
- Serves as the main point of contact for electrical excavation contractors throughout a medium to large or complex construction project to support PGE processes
- Sets up and/or attends preconstruction meetings with developers and builders to outline PGE requirements
Municipality and Other Utilities Interaction
- Communicates and works with municipalities and adjacent utilities on medium to large or complex projects to identify and resolve issues
Customer Complaint Resolution
- Investigates and resolves complex customer complaints
- Works with line crews to solve the issues
- Ensures the use of safe working practices in accordance with company safety culture, safety programs and policies and relevant state and federal laws, regulations and requirements
- Reports OSHA violations if a violation is seen and not remedied on a customer jobsite.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in construction technology or other related field or equivalent experience.
- Typically five or more years in utility line or service design project management or related field.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Intermediate knowledge of construction practices and applicable codes and standards, particularly the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) that provides for the safe installation, operation and maintenance of electric power and communication utility systems
- Intermediate knowledge of the public utility commission (PUC) requirements for construction and service work
- Intermediate knowledge of federal and state safety laws, regulations and requirements and company safety practices and policies and program and reporting requirements
- Intermediate knowledge of the union agreement and labor laws
- Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office and asset management software (Field Manager/Maximo)
- Intermediate analytical thinking skills
- Intermediate customer focus skills Intermediate decision-making skills
- Intermediate influence skills Intermediate organization and prioritization skills
- Intermediate problem-solving skills
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills
Physical and Cognitive Demands
Cognitive Level Substantial:
- Consistent use of logic or scientific thinking to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions (for example, engineer, HR director, plant manager, etc.)
- Cognitive Ability to adhere to set response times, deadlines and time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to follow accuracy standards
- Ability to follow through on decision-making tasks
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to communicate and problem solve when under stress
- Ability to respond and adapt to frequent change
- Ability to accept and demonstrate self-awareness when provided constructive feedback
- Ability to discern feedback and acknowledge ownership of areas of improvement
- Ability to avoid future mistakes by applying reasonable skills to new but similar work situations or tasks
- Ability to successfully collaborate with peers, managers and others within the organization
- Demonstrates sound memory
- Ability to process new information to be applied consistently to work tasks
- Ability to work long hours
- Ability to work a variable schedule
- Ability to report to work and perform work during periods of severe inclement weather
- Ability to consistently meet attendance standards for regular, reliable, predictable, full-time attendance
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position. Only applications made directly through our PGE Careers website will be considered. Please apply here be the end date: https://portlandgeneral.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/pgn/job/Salem-Oregon/Staff-Field-Construction-Coordinator_R2592-1?_ga=2.71307920.24768627.1631203388-1851697661.1608050380
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
The posting closes at midnight (Pacific Time) on the closing date below:
September 26, 2021
To apply for this job please visit portlandgeneral.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.