Company Name: Washington PUD Association
Phone Number: (360) 741-2677
Job Title: Policy Director
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: May 12, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
I. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Policy Director has the responsibility to research, analyze and advise on issues affecting WPUDA and its members. The Policy Director will coordinate work with allied organizations to protect and advance the interests of WPUDA.
1. Advises the Executive Director on state, regional and federal energy, water and telecommunications policies that affect WPUDA members.
2. Reviews and provides analysis on proposed state and federal legislation on energy, water, telecommunications, and other issues affecting PUDs.
3. Reviews and provides analysis on federal and state executive actions and regulations affecting PUDs
4. Supports WPUDA development of positions on legislation and executive actions based on cooperation and consensus within WPUDA.
5. Prepares technical and statistical reports.
6. Reports on issues to various WPUDA committees and to the Board of Directors.
7. Provide the Association membership with resource services – such as consultation on technical issues, organizing and moderating workshops, disseminating energy, water and telecommunications issue information, etc.
8. Attends a variety of technical and policy meetings on behalf of WPUDA.
9. Serves as key staff to WPUDA committees as designated by the Executive Director.
10. Provides information for use by WPUDA in its publications and other communications.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Experience within or knowledge of the electric, water and/or telecommunications industry, the state legislative process and northwest utility issues. A bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, public administration, engineering or equivalent field from an accredited college or university is required. An advanced degree or additional equivalent experience is highly desirable.
Effective communication, both verbal and written; analyzing and interpreting complex written documents; using analytical tools; research; persuasion and negotiating; self-motivation and good judgment. Leading and participating in industry work groups and developing informational materials. Working with a governing board in a public setting. Timely preparation of materials and able to meet strict deadlines.
Work Status: Exempt, Fulltime
Travel: Some travel required (mainly WA and OR)
Supervisor: Executive Director
Staff Supervision: None
Salary and benefits:
Compensation will be dependent on experience and abilities with a salary range between $85,000 – $110,000 annually. WPUDA provides excellent family medical, dental and vision plans; life insurance; long-term disability; 401K plan, paid holidays and paid leave.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Jamie Hanny, Business & Financial Manager, email@example.com. First review of applications May 30, 2017.
Position open until filled.
Posting End Date: June 12, 2017