Company Name: City of Tacoma
Phone Number: (253) 591-5400
Job Title: Pole Attachment Joint Use Specialist
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: June 22, 2017
Salary: $52,603.20 - $67,433.60
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Tacoma Power is currently seeking a high performing, critically thinking, analytical, experienced self-starter to join the Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Team. The ideal candidate will become a highly motivated member of the Business & Financial Management team, acting as a point of contact for external agencies requesting permission to attach to Tacoma Power poles.
As the Joint Use Specialist, you will:
- Review and interpret contract language requirements.
- Review and analyze requests for attachments to Tacoma Power poles; including monitor the National Joint Utility Notification System (NJUNS) database, evaluate attachment requests, and verify completeness and accuracy of data.
- Clearly communicate requirements with applicants to ensure agreement compliance; monitor program lifecycle including permit cycle, SAP contract accounts, and revenues.
- Assist with maintaining pole attachment inventory by extracting data from SAP or Geographic Information System (GIS), evaluating records for accuracy, maintaining databases and/or secondary tracking systems, research ownership supporting evidence, reconcile inventory, and gathering information in support of contract renewals and amendments.
- Participate on diverse project teams composed of Tacoma Power personnel from Legal, Engineering, Operations, and Construction and Maintenance, as well as outside agencies to analyze processes and recommend improvements surrounding pole attachment contract management.
- Analyze data to provide effective business information as required.
- Create, design, maintain, and improve analytical tools for operational data (e.g., Excel, Access, etc.).
- Minimum three years of experience in permitting processes, interpreting contract language, analyzing data, and reporting.
- Associates’ degree typically required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, and two years analytical, database, spreadsheet and/or financial experience.
- Electric utility experience and knowledge of electric utility equipment strongly desired.
- Ability to collaborate in cross-functional work teams in the development and implementation of efficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize multiple assignments, complex assignments, and competing priorities to produce accurate products on time
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Use a rational-thinking process to assess and understand issues, evaluate options, form accurate conclusions, and make decisions regarding pole attachment requests. Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquire data from multiple diverse resources for problem solving. Expose the root cause of problems in support of further evaluation of diverse solution options. Prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive written reports presenting statistical, graphical, and other reporting methods to audiences of varying technical sophistication.
Effectively identify, collect, organize and document data in ways that make the information most useful for subsequent assessment, analysis, and investigation. Compile and maintain reports, records and various other forms of pertinent information in an organized and professional manner.
Establish internal and external customer interface to increase satisfaction with products and services offered by the organization. Search out ways to enhance customer satisfaction by improving efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery. Emphasize team approach to providing exceptional customer service. Make customer service the highest priority by responding to changing needs, and helping customers implement comprehensive solutions.
Clearly and effectively communicate with individuals and groups within and outside of the organization. Effectively present ideas in formal and informal situations. Constructively listen to others in order to accurately convey their ideas. Interact respectfully and sensitively with individuals and groups to develop and maintain productive relationships and achieve results.
Professionally conducts all assignments in a timely manner, work with confidentiality and discretion. Work effectively through complex policies, processes, and organizational dynamics. Use a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should apply online and attach a resume and cover letter that includes major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position. Applicants who have the strongest backgrounds related to the responsibilities of this position may be invited to participate in an interview. Appointment is subject to passing a background check.
Communication from the City of Tacoma:
We primarily communicate via e-mail during the application process. E-mails from cityoftacoma.org and/or governmentjobs.com must be placed on your safe domain list to ensure that you receive notifications in a timely manner. As a precaution, you may also want to check your junk e-mail folders.
In order for your application materials to be considered, all information must be submitted by the closing date and time listed on this job announcement.
If you have any additional questions regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources Department at 253.591.5400 before the closing date.
Posting End Date: July 6, 2017