Website PNGC Power
The primary responsibility for this position is analyzing, reconciling, and accounting for PNGC’s power costs and revenues. This includes a comprehensive understanding of BPA and PNGC rate structures, forecasting wholesale rate modeling, and an ability to communicate this knowledge effectively to the PNGC team and the PNGC Members. This position will also play a key role in the annual financial audit process and will assist the CFO in the preparation of monthly financial and statistical reporting. Other responsibilities include preparing recurring journal entries, performing market credit exposure tracking and reporting, and quarterly and annual regulatory reporting.
· Perform the full cycle of preparation, analysis, reconciliation, and accounting for the PNGC Member power billing.
· Perform the full cycle of preparation, analysis, reconciliation, and accounting for the PNGC BPA Power and Transmission billings.
· Update and present the annual PNGC rate tariff to the PNGC Board for approval.
· Perform wholesale rate modeling for forecasting purposes and education sessions to the PNGC Members upon request.
· Perform the bank reconciliation and related accounting transactions.
· Perform the full cycle of analysis, accounting, and reporting related to power market activity including credit tracking and reporting.
· Prepare regulatory reports related to generation, market activity, and lender requirements.
· Assist and support in the annual financial audit process.
· Assist and support the CFO in the preparation of monthly financial and statistical reporting.
POSITION KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university. Must have thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
· Minimum of 8 years working experience specializing in accounting or finance. Utility experience preferred.
· Effective and clear communication skills, both orally and in writing.
· Proven analytical skills, organizational skills, as well as demonstrated attention to detail.
· Proficiency in Excel analytical tools such as tables/graphs, Word, Power Point, and other tools.
· Professional presence which promotes responsible, reliable, and efficient work habits.
· Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a smaller organization that requires personal flexibility and willingness to support others.
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL accounting software desired.Additional Information:
PNGC salaries are benchmarked against current market data and we work to stay competitive. We also offer a merit-based bonus program awarded based on job classification. Bonuses are paid on a fiscal year basis.
PNGC is a Work From Home (WFH) environment. We have a base of operations in Clackamas, Oregon that employees can feel free to utilize in a manner that works best for them. Pre-approved locations for remote work are Oregon, Washington & Montana. Other locations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Some of the initial training will need to take place in the Clackamas, Oregon office.
PNGC offers a generous benefit packing including Medical, Dental, Vision, Tax Advantaged Accounts, 401(k), Pension Plan, Life Insurance, LTD, Extended Illness Leave, PTO, 10 paid holidays, cyber security monitoring, and access to Advantis Credit Union.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org