Company Name: Tacoma Power
Phone Number: (253) 502-8649
Job Title: PMO and Client Delivery Services Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: July 18, 2016
Salary: $123,115.20 - $157,830.40
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
This position is responsible for managing the Client Delivery Services group of Utility Technology Services (UTS). This position reports to the UTS Section Manager and provides leadership and direction to improve technology products and service delivery across Tacoma Public Utilities (TPU). This position is key to improving service availability, reliability, and performance by implementing cost effective processes that drive timely resolution of incidents impacting all key business units.
This position will provide manager level oversight for the functional areas of UTS that are responsible for providing technology project management (PPM) for TPU’s $30M biennial information technology project portfolio, operational technology support services, and continuous process improvement for day-to-day technology management which includes the service desk, problem/incident management, change management, and related ITIL compliant processes.
- Maturing the IT Service Management (ITSM) capabilities for the organization by implementing and overseeing a formal incident/problem management and change control processes to help minimize business impact due to planned and unplanned IT outages.
- Ensure TPU operational effectiveness by managing the Service desk staffing, processes, and tools to deliver timely resolution of user reported incidents.
- Mature the service desk as a focal point for internal TPU technology service management including request fulfillment, incident and problem management communications, and facilitation of change control over TPU’s technology landscape.
- Ensure that service level objectives are achieved and customer expectations are met or exceeded, including the development and monitoring of Service Level Agreement (SLA) with various TPU divisions and Service Owners.
- Ensure successful delivery of TPU-wide projects by directing the PMO to deliver projects on target with optimal business impact.
- Facilitate TPU’s Technology Project Management Governance process to identify anticipated projects, classify (e.g., complexity, end-user impact), review, prioritized, and monitored to ensure required approvals and direction for the project is obtained at each appropriate stage of the project.
- Develop continued maturity of project management methodologies, standardized forms and templates, project tracking, and quality assurance.
- Coach and counsel project managers for projects with IT components as well as support and mentor business units’ project managers to provide consistent approach across the organization and improve each project’s ability to meeting schedule, cost, scope, and resource requirements.
- Oversee administration of the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool to ensure each project is visible and that assigned resource are identified and tracked.
- Standardize and mature the capabilities for technology project resource planning across TPU’s Capital and O&M budget planning and development processes. Implement and oversee processes to help minimize impacts to other technology projects due to resource constraints. Plan and manage the delivery of training in project management and applied project tools. Identify competencies needed by project managers and team members.
- Participate with a project management training vendor in tailoring standardized courses to specifically meet TPU’s project management needs.
- Set goals for work group and monitor performance.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; interview and select personnel; recommend discipline as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain various personnel and work related records and reports.
- Develop maintain and monitor group budgets; forecast personnel requirements; authorize purchases within established guidelines.
- Coordinate communications and activities between staff, department, outside agencies and organizations, and the general public.
- Attend, prepare and present information to staff, Utility Board, and the public at a variety of meetings and seminars as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- At least 10 years of technology project management experience with a minimum of 5 years managing work groups of 10 full time resources or more
- Excellent facilitation and customer service skills
- Utility experience, highly desirable
LICENSING, CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER LEGAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Driver’s license or equivalent mobility
- Project Management Professional Certification
- ITIL Foundations Certification
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should apply online and attach a detailed resume and cover letter that includes job experience, major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position. Applicants whose backgrounds most closely reflect the current needs of the department may be invited to participate in an interview. Reference checks will be conducted on final candidates and appointment is subject to passing a background check.
Apply online at http://www.cityoftacoma.org/jobs
Posting End Date: July 29, 2016