May 21, 2018 (Internally)
May 25, 2018 (Externally)
Become a part of the Portland General Electric Team!
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. We are a proud and resourceful team who take care of each other, our communities and our natural resources.
Portland General Electric team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. Our team has a tremendous range of skill sets, and is dedicated to diversity, community, and our customers.
Working for PGE is fun, challenging and enriching, and with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like working for PGE too. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Join us and power your potential.
Plant Electrician (U18-084) $43.81 per hour
This position is located at the Pelton Round Butte Project located in Madras, OR.
In this position and under the direction of the Electrical Working Foreman, you’ll install, test, repair, and maintain lighting, power and control circuits and other electrical equipment associated with generating plant operation at the Company’s Pelton Round Butte Hydro Projects.
You will support our journey by:
- Installing and maintaining motors, regulators, exciters, generators, switchboards, indoor and outdoor automatic and manual switchgear, instruments, transformers, conduit, relays, electronic devices, brushes, slip rings, commutators, and other project equipment.
- Maintaining accurate records of completed corrective and preventive maintenance to support equipment history files.
- Checking and assisting in maintaining station batteries and chargers.
- Working without direct supervision.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Working on temporary assignment at other locations as assigned.