At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Physical Security Compliance Program Manager #78986
Puget Sound Energy’s Corporate Security Department is looking for a Physical Security Compliance Program Manager to join our team. This role provides guidance and oversight in the researching, planning, development, and implementation of physical security compliance programs to ensure that all federal and other applicable regulatory NERC CIP (North American Electric Reliability Corporation, Critical Infrastructure Protection) physical security requirements are met. Advises internal departments of physical security compliance and audit requirements. The ideal candidate develops and delivers security training to targeted internal staff and external contractors.
The Corporate Security team’s mission is to protect people and secure assets by creating security solutions that mitigate risk and are efficient, dependable and align with our internal customer’s operational goals and objectives. The Corporate Security team is comprised of a Manager, two Investigators, a Physical Security Systems Administrator, a Physical Access Administrator and a Security Systems Technician. The team also operates a 24/7 Security Command Center which is staffed by contract personnel. The Security Command Center monitors intrusion detection devices and surveillance cameras that are deployed at over 200 sites throughout the Puget Sound Energy service territory.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Plans, develops, implements, and maintains programs to ensure compliance with related NERC CIP physical security regulatory requirements, including developing and conducting compliance training programs to promote awareness and provide instructions regarding applicable regulatory compliance issues, in accordance with industry standards and requirements.
- Provides direct oversight of applicable NERC CIP physical security standards and supports key stakeholders, as needed, to whom these standards apply.
- Ensures that appropriate employees and contractors, as well as internal business groups as requested, receive annual NERC CIP physical security program training; and properly tracks/records completion of required training.
- Supports and addresses audit requirements and concerns through interaction with internal and external auditors and the implementation of responsive and corrective solutions.
- Proactively identifies potential risks and exposure by formulating sound control practices and processes, and developing appropriate processes to mitigate NERC CIP physical security violations.
- Works with key PSE stakeholders and compliance personnel in other departments to ensure compliance standards and timelines are met, and that compliance project goals are supported and achieved.
- Communicates new NERC CIP physical security regulatory revisions and/or proposals to the appropriate PSE stakeholders; works cooperatively with staff from other departments to communicate pending or upcoming regulatory proposals; and gathers input in aligning regulatory proposals with PSE’s compliance objectives.
- Gathers information from multiple sources to gain a thorough understanding of issues and develops appropriate response and feedback.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to internal compliance staff and program managers across the organization.
- Disseminates timely communication on all compliance matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or applicable field; or equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years related work experience.
- Working knowledge of NERC CIP; is the department’s subject matter expert for all matters relating to NERC CIP physical security.
- Experience leading compliance audits.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills, especially writing and editing.
- Strong analytical skills to effectively and efficiently analyze a wide array of potential business challenges.
- Solid team player who is comfortable with collaborative processes.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks to resolution simultaneously.
- Utility experience specifically in electric.
- Knowledge of compliance regulations and processes specific to utilities.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.