At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Performance Analyst – System Planning #84118
Puget Sound Energy’s Electric System Planning Department is looking for a Performance Analyst to join our team! This role will analyze and report on electrical system performance to help develop reliability improvement strategies. The successful candidate will research statistical, financial and operational data and studies to support System Planning in pursuing system improvements and managing existing improvement programs including but not limited to the cable remediation program, T&D SCADA, substations and poles. This role will have an opportunity to review performance data to recommend and/or implement appropriate actions to achieve results.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Works as integral part of planning team to provide analytically based data, recommendations, and trends to support initiative success.
- Manage system performance metric data, including dashboards, to ensure data is accurately captured and communicated.
- Uses sophisticated analytics and statistical methods to study and analyze available data and to determine trends, root cause, metrics, leading and lagging indicators.
- Develops/prepares present-value analysis and reports.
- Ensures quality and consistency of methodology, metrics, analysis, and documentation.
- Works with leadership and business areas to evaluate requirements, develop and present recommendations and implement data driven decisions and strategies.
- Provides support for other departmental and corporate priorities and projects.
- 24/7 business continuity support for emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Business, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Two years applying analysis and statistical methods to study business issues.
- Experience using a variety of business applications and analysis tools such as SAP modules, WebIC, OMS Reporting, PowerOn Remote Dispatch, Webi, SAP Business Warehouse, Tensing, Tableau, Synergi, EMS, PI, Excel, Word, Access, Visio, and Power Point
- Demonstrated experience working effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated attention to details, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in a professional manner.
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on assigned responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated passion for continuous improvement.
- Experience writing, editing and publishing process documentation and technical subject matter.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.