Website Peninsula Light Company
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing Peninsula Light Company’s (PLC) mission, philosophy and commitment to providing safe, reliable electricity/water to our community and exceptional service to our internal and external member/customers.
This position establishes Operation programs consistent with broad policies and objectives aligned with the Board of Directors and the Chief Executive Officer to include the development of an operating business strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of systems designed to maximize and preserve company assets.
This position is responsible for supervising the assigned staff as required. Incumbent will perform employee performance evaluations, make recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement and promotion of staff.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide effective direction, planning and oversight of Company objectives. Identify opportunities for improving business effectiveness to achieve the Company goals of reliability and member satisfaction.
- Provide direction and leadership necessary for Operations activities. Effectively manage PLC’s capital investments, ensuring they are effective in support of PLC’s financial position.
- Provide effective management and direction for departments as assigned demonstrating a maximum regard to safety and integrity.
- Establishes strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining productivity, quality, and effective strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develop operational statistics and analysis reports as necessary for reporting to the CEO and Board of Directors. Analyze and measure financial, long term and safety impact of risk to PLC.
- Develop and coordinate business plans and forecasts; participate in labor/management efforts in the preparation and evaluation of short and long-term business goals.
- Identifies key organizational and operational issues and/or policies that need immediate attention and/or revision by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining productivity, quality, and effective strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Communicate in a professional, respectful and courteous manner with all employees, the Board of Directors, member/customers and the community. Contribute to a successful workgroup through positive interactions, and through the constructive exchange of ideas designed to meet or exceed the organizations strategic goals.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and retention of department personnel.
- Monitor, manage direct staff and/or processes to ensure continuous improvement and increased contribution to the company’s success.
- Hold employees accountable for working safely, consistently, productively and in compliance with PLC’s policies and work rules in pursuit of department and PLC’s goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exhibits executive level leadership and business acumen. Has ability to see the big, long-range picture. Is organizationally and politically savvy. Demonstrates a broad breath of knowledge of organizational development, leadership and management best practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies, goals, strategic plans and operational needs.
- Demonstrates strong leadership experience reflective of a broad scope of responsibilities in utility management. Must demonstrate experience with multiple utility functional areas such as financial, legal, business services, technology, information systems, operations, engineering, labor relations and/or other power resources administration.
- Exhibits a robust leadership style that promotes respect, open communication, teamwork, productivity and accountability with integrity. Excellent written, oral and presentation skills. Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Ability to lead individuals to perform successfully as a team, adapt to rapidly changing and evolving environments that ensure successful outcomes while balancing competing interest in priorities.
- Ability to manage change in a way that clarifies priorities and embraces technology. Has ability to develop and implement fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations. Helps create a work environment that nurtures diversity.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, schedule, organize, track, document, report and evaluate work and job performance of staff to increase productivity, maximize available resources, and ensure that department and Company needs and goals are met and/or exceeded.
- Must exhibit working knowledge of federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes applicable to Peninsula Light Company and its provision of utility services.
- Exhibits ability to follow fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles, and standards when committing fiscal resources or processing financial transactions.
- Is highly proficient at troubleshooting, problem-solving, research, organizational and analytical skills, combined with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines.
- Exhibits advanced understanding and personal skill utilizing information systems and relevant business applications to include MS office, and other business/financial/IS applications.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is normally performed in an office environment. This position requires proficiency with personal computers, office and business software and operating general office equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline such as business, engineering, utility administration or equivalent combination of directly related work experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the work.
- Master’s degree in business administration, engineering or equivalent education and related experience is preferred.
- Must demonstrate leadership experience involving labor and employee management.
- Five years extensive strategic leadership in engineering, business, line operations, labor relations and/or administrative management experience or a combination of positions with executive level responsibility for the operations of a medium to large scale company is required.
- Five years executive level management work experience in the electric utility industry is strongly preferred. Must demonstrate an advanced understanding of the power utility business and related processes.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.