Website Pend Oreille P.U.D.
Manage the operations and maintenance functions and capital improvements of all power production and associated facilities owned and/or operated by the District. These duties are to be performed in such a manner as to reflect favorably on the District and to ensure high quality service to its customers by satisfactory accomplishment of the responsibilities and authorities assigned.
- Manage the Production Department to ensure all regulatory and safety requirements are adhered to in the operation and maintenance of the Districts Production facilities.
- Identify and communicate power system emergencies.
- Maintain records of hydroelectric facility operations, maintenance, or repairs.
- Perform or direct preventive or corrective containment or cleanup to protect the environment.
- Monitor or inspect hydroelectric equipment, such as hydro-turbines, generators, or control systems.
- Inspect hydroelectric facilities, including switchyards, control houses, or relay houses, for normal operation or adherence to safety standards.
- Supervise or monitor hydroelectric facility operations to ensure that generation or mechanical equipment conform to applicable regulations or standards.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Production Department employees and ensure adequate training and supervision is maintained.
- Coordinate with other District Management Personnel to promote good communication and coordination among District Departments.
- Manage Production facility personnel in the safe, reliable, and efficient operation and maintenance of Production facilities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of plans, programs, and budgets required for the operation and maintenance of generation facilities.
- Manage and direct professional and technical activities to support contract administration and reporting, as assigned.
- Oversee the maintenance and updates of guidelines, standards, procedures, specifications, records, policies and documentation for all Production Department facilities.
- Investigate Production equipment and system problems, develop and implement corrective actions, and generate written reports as required or assigned.
- Develop qualification standards for Production Department personnel. Implement appropriate apprenticeship and training programs to ensure that all Production Department employees are adequately trained, and plan/provide for the availability of replacement staffing as required.
- Occasionally must work with or around District customers. Must provide a highly professional level of prompt, efficient, accurate, courteous, and reliable service in such a manner as to reflect favorably on the management of the District. Employee shall abide by all District policies and work rules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- A Professional Engineering (P.E.) license is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively more responsible experience in related settings (including management) is required.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work within a complex organization with sensitivity to organizational dynamics; deal with complex legal/jurisdictional issues and contracts, along with responsibilities associated with day-to-day management within an organization.
- Must demonstrate a results oriented management ability including the skills to implement management direction and achieve results with minimal policy direction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generation operations and maintenance practices within the utility industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FERC, NERC, and WECC compliance requirements as related to power generation and dam safety.
- Ability to communicate effectively with District management, customers and other utilities.
- Ability to plan, organize, and make prompt decisions. Must be able to maintain good public relations, demonstrate initiative, and show good problem-solving ability and judgment.
- Ability to operate or to be trained in the operation of utility computer systems as required by the District.
- Must possess a positive approach to dealing with issues, utility personnel, and the public. Must demonstrate a strong management oriented background, including the ability to work closely with upper management and policy makers.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS HEADQUARTERED AT OUR BOX CANYON HYDRO FACILITY 55 MILES NORTH OF NEWPORT, WA
To apply for this job please visit www.popud.org.