Website Oregon Trail Electric Cooperative
The Member Service Representative provides effective customer service by responding to member inquiries relating to new and existing accounts, billing, and collections.
- Greet members and receive payments at the counter, drop box or by mail.
- Balance daily receipts and prepare daily bank deposits and reports.
- Open and close member accounts, receive and process requests for new service, meter removals or changes in existing service.
- Answer telephone, electronic correspondence or walk-in inquiries related to billings, payments, deposits, rates, rules, and regulations.
- Share information about member service and conservation programs to encourage informed use of electricity.
- Provide general information or direct inquires to appropriate personnel.
- Process delinquent accounts and create payment arrangements.
- Assist members with their accounts, including performing adjustments, resolving complaints and recommending OTEC programs and services.
- Clerical functions including filing, scanning and creating correspondence.
- Communicate by radio or phone as needed.
- Other duties as assigned and as qualified to perform.
- Participation in cooperative strategy and initiatives
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two years of customer service experience
- Union membership is required within 30 days after hire date as a condition of continued employment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license
OTEC has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401(k), and other valuable benefits.
To apply for this job please visit www.otec.coop.