Website Oregon Trail Electric Cooperative
Director of Human Resources and Administration leads Workforce Planning, Talent Management, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Safety and Loss Control, and Corporate Administration functions. Partners with the leadership team to understand their business needs and provide exceptional service and counseling. Maintains policy compliance related to company and corporate HR initiatives.
This position supervises the Manager of Safety and Loss Control and Human Resources Coordinators.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Seven years’ experience in the management of benefits and human resources, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, certification and/or training.
· Experience supervising, coaching, and developing employees
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources, preferred
· Possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Strong management skills in the areas of motivation, delegation, evaluation, and employee development.
· Knowledge of compliance, workplace safety, and federal, state, and local employment, discrimination and labor laws.
· Building Strategic Working Relationships
· Decision Making
· Developing Others
· Formulating and Implementing Strategy
· Planning and Organizing
· Problem Solving
· Safety Awareness and Participation
Duties and Responsibilities
· Leads Corporate Administration, Human Resources, and Safety and Loss Control.
· Contribute to the development, implementation, and ongoing refinement of the Cooperative’s strategic plan. Ensure alignment of human resource, safety, and administrative strategies, policies and practices with company mission, vision, and values.
· Oversee processes and programs related to corporate governance, policies and procedures, ensuring alignment throughout.
· Oversee workforce development programs and objectives aligned with OTEC’s strategic plan and employee personal development plans (PDP).
· Oversee processes related to the development and distribution of board meeting and related activities, tasks, and materials.
· Provide oversight of corporate records and record retention (corporate contracts, state/federal business filings, and policy and tariff review schedules), interacts with legal counsel where necessary.
· Leads bargaining unit negotiations, coordinates contingency planning as necessary.
· Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local employment, discrimination and labor laws.
· Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
· Act as the labor relations liaison to Local 125 Business Representative.
· Develop and drive strategically aligned succession planning and employee development for the Cooperative.
· Manage the wage and salary program for the Cooperative.
· Analyze the Cooperative’s benefit costs, recommending alternatives when necessary and presenting program changes to employees and staff.
· Provide leadership of the recruiting, hiring, training, development, and retention of workforce.
· Review and approves all disciplinary actions and performance improvement plans.
· Provide final oversight regarding the investigation and follow-up for all incidents and accidents.
· Ensure that documented safety inspections take place that will keep the cooperative in compliance with internal and external rules, policies, and procedures.
· Develop, implement, and manage the Cooperative’s strategic mission, vision, and objectives as it relates to the department.
· Manage the OTEC EOU Internship Program
This is a full-time position. This position requires that the employee be available for work outside the normal daily work period. Travel may be required within the four-county service territory during the business day and infrequently overnight. Occasional out of the area travel is expected to attend various activities such as meetings, training and other events.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
FLSA Status: Exempt
To apply for this job please visit www.otec.coop.