The CFO provides leadership for all financial-related matters including complex financing transactions, business accounting and analytics, cooperative and corporate taxation, procurement, economic analysis, budgeting, and general liability insurance coverage and investment matters.
- Responsible for the accounting/ finance, purchasing, and facilities departments.
- Proactively research policies and track legislation that impacts the company’s economics and financial health. Monitor trends which could impact cooperative business.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the cooperative’s fiscal function and performance.
- Financial and accounting responsibility of the OTEC Foundation.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop/oversee the annual budget process and provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends.
- Manage the cooperative’s debt portfolio while balancing interest expense and interest rate risk.
- Maintain internal controls over the accounting systems to safeguard the assets of the cooperative.
- Remain current on labor, payroll and other taxes laws that the cooperative may be subject to.
- Develop, implement, and manage the Cooperative’s strategic mission, vision and objectives, as it relates to Accounting/Finance and other areas of responsibility.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ten years of accounting related experience
- Five years of management or supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline, required
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license
OTEC has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401(k), and other valuable benefits.
To apply for this job please visit www.otec.coop.