Company Name: Barrow Utilities and Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Phone Number: (907) 852-6166
Job Title: Operations Superintendent
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: May 17, 2018
Salary: $162,410-$202,255; DOE
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Join a team where you make a real impact at your job and in your community!
Six-figure salary where you keep what you earn.
Housing, vehicle, full benefits, relocation, and more.
Have an adventurous spirit and want a once in a lifetime opportunity?
Learn about our Operations Superintendent Opening in Barrow, AK.
Working for Barrow Utilities & Electric Cooperative Inc. (BUECI), a multi-utility cooperative, you will be an integral part of our company that provides electric, natural gas, water, and sewage collection and treatment services to the city of Utqiagvik/Barrow. BUECI, incorporated in 1964, is a community driven cooperative owned by 1,200+ members. Learn more about us at www.bueci.org.
We are proud to offer:
- Base salary – $162,410-$202,255 based upon experience
- Relocation assistance
- Medical, dental, vision, and short-term disability insurance – 100% coverage for employee, spouse, and dependents
- 401K with 6% voluntary employer contribution
- NRECA pension plan – 100% employer paid
- Subsidized, affordable housing
- Company truck
- Travel benefit paid out three times per year
- Paid time off – 37 days 1st year, 42 days 2nd year, 47 days 3rd year
- Paid leave for bereavement, voting, and jury duty
- Excellent training
In this full-time, senior management position as Operations Superintendent, you will be responsible for the management of 10 employees and the oversight of the functional areas of electric line maintenance, natural gas pipe maintenance, safety, project management, and fleet management- promoting an environment of safety while optimizing system reliability and operational efficiency. Click the following to view the complete job description.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Operations & maintenance for electric and natural gas distribution
- Fleet management • Personnel supervision
- Construction estimates and staking
- Metering management
- Planning and reporting
- Inventory control
- Safety, education & training
- Regulatory compliance
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Electrical Engineering background preferred
- 10+ years’ related experience: management of electric and/or natural gas utility distribution systems preferred
- Understanding of engineering principles, concepts, load balancing, staking, standard construction units, preparing estimates, and industry practices
- Ability to develop standard operating procedures for field personnel to perform overhead electric work and connections on energized distribution/transmission facilities
- Experience in safety training and/or writing safety procedures
- Experience managing in a multicultural workplace
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must relocate and live in Barrow, AK full-time
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 10th . For questions, please call 800-797-7355.
Posting End Date: July 16, 2018