Website CANBY UTILITY
Canby Utility, a municipal water and electric utility located 30 minutes south of Portland and serving a population of approximately 16,660, is recruiting for an Operations Field Supervisor. This new position performs duties in both the electric and water departments to insure (1) adequate supervisory resources needed by field personnel, (2) effective supervision of field personnel, (3) achievement of departmental productivity standards in the presence of an increasing work load, (4) timely delivery of requested field services to customers, (5) timely performance of scheduled maintenance projects, (6) supervisory support to the Operations Manager under increasing electric and water department demands. As a member of the management team, this position supervises and directs the Electric Foreman and crew personnel, Water Foreman and crew personnel, and occasionally other operations personnel upon the direction of the Operations Manager. The Operations Field Supervisor reports to the Operations Manager. This position is classified as a full-time, exempt position with supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Job Function:
- Provides direct supervision to the Electric and Water Department Working Foremen;
- Maintains at all times a good working knowledge of the collective bargaining agreements, and be vigilant in consistent compliance with CBA provisions;
- Consistent in-the-field involvement with and monitoring of work crews to insure timely and accurate completion of assigned projects consistent with department standards;
- Verifies that as-built end product is consistent with field designs for line extensions, installations, engineering studies and provides cost estimates for projects;
- Supervises and monitors mapping activities to insure accurate recording of electric and water system additions, so as to maintain sufficient field records and accurate locations of all electric and water meters, lines, valves, breakers, and other utility appurtenances;
- Ensures field personnel’s adherence and compliance with company policies, procedures, rules, regulations and practices;
- Prepares documents for and attends Pre-Application and Pre-Construction meetings as directed;
- Receives and responds to citizen complaints and concerns regarding operational functions and personnel with professionalism, courteousness, tact, and consciousness;
- Actively supports effective materials management and warehouse activities to insure that materials are ordered, received, issued, appropriately secured, and accounted for properly in the work order system. Involved in the materials procurement process and may perform related duties in coordination with or under the supervision of the Purchasing Agent as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Assists the Operations Manager in the development and execution of Fiscal Year budgets;
- Provide recommendations and support to the Operations Manager in personnel hiring, promotions, disciplinary action, and enforcement of work rules.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors the after-hours call-out process including roster development, scheduling, authorizations, in full compliance with collective bargaining agreement provisions and with overall effectiveness in providing the utility with after-hours coverage and responsiveness at a level that meets or exceeds department standards;
- Receives, considers, and approves/disapproves leave requests submitted by subordinates to insure that adequate personnel levels are maintained for timely performance of scheduled field projects;
- Serves as acting operations manager when needed as directed;
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess verifiable knowledge and experience of methods and techniques used to construct, maintain and operate an electric utility system. Experience as a Journeyman Lineman with a minimum of five years foreman experience preferred. A bachelor degree in electrical engineering or any satisfactory combination of electric utility systems experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties may suffice.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS/LICENSES: Valid driver’s license and/or CDL eligibility.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS: Previous management experience at an electric utility. Knowledge and experience of methods and techniques used to construct, maintain and operate a water utility system.To Apply: Please visit our website at www.canbyutility.org to download an application and job description.
Submit the completed application, along with a resume and cover letter to: Canby Utility, Attn: Human Resources, at PO Box 1070, Canby, OR 97013. Applications can also be obtained at our office located at 154 NW First Ave., Canby, Oregon (after 8/9/18 the address will be 1265 SE 3rd. Avenue). For more information or to obtain an application by mail, email, or fax call 503-266-1156 ext. 323. Pre-employment physical, driving history, drug test and background checks required after receiving a conditional job offer. Canby Utility is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will accept applications by email at email@example.com; however, we do no guarantee applications were received. You may also send them by fax 503-263-8621, mail, or bring your signed application materials to our office. This position is open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.canbyutility.org.