Company Name: City of Seward
Phone Number: (907) 224-4074
Job Title: Operation Supervisor
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: November 8, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
This is a regular, full-time position with starting pay DOE. This position assists the Utility Manager with the operations of the electric department to include, but not limited to, performing planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling the activities of the electric department in accordance with established regulations, policies, plans, budgets and objectives.
Skills in basic electrical engineering, project management, operation of power systems and utility construction techniques. Knowledge of electrical codes and standards. Experience in field engineering and inspection of electric utility construction. Capable of understanding engineering drawings, interpreting standard specifications and basic engineering manuals and performing basic surveys and staking.
Assists the Utility Manager with the following duties:
• developing plans and budgets and managing projects for the Electric Department which will accomplish the objectives and mission of the Electric Department and provide a means of measuring progress and results;
• providing a periodic evaluation of the utility system with the Utility Manager to make recommendations for necessary maintenance and replacement, including compliance with the National Electric Safety Code;
• developing operating procedures and utilizing equipment and technology that will improve productivity, customer service, safety and employee morale;
• coordinating the correction of voltage, power factor, and load factor problems;
• analyzing outage reports on a regular basis to identify service reliability problems and develop and recommend methods of improving service reliability;
• keeping informed of new technology and product development as it relates to the operation and maintenance of the City’s electric distribution system and Electric Department.
Is the primary “Load Dispatcher” during emergencies.
• Preference given to a bachelor’s degree closely related progressive job experience and specialized vocational training may substitute for a part of the educational requirements.
• Practical application of skills in a related type of organization for a minimum of five (5) years of progressive management in the electrical field including construction and maintenance of overhead and underground electric distribution lines, with three years supervisory experience is required.
• Preferably, the successful applicant would have pursued a systematic lineman training program, served as an Apprentice Lineman through Journeyman Lineman and a related supervisory position.
How to Apply:
Successful applicants must pass a background investigation and drug testing. Preference may be given to current City employees.
A complete job description and employment application can be obtained from the City of Seward Personnel Office, 410 Adams Street, (907) 224-4074 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The City of Seward is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Posting End Date: December 8, 2017