Company Name: NWPPA
Job Title: NWPPA Adjunct Instructor – Accident Investigations
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: September 11, 2017
Salary Per: Per Day
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
In this contract position you will teach a one or two day accident investigations training class for electric utility operations personnel, including managers, supervisors, foremen, and employees. These personnel are responsible for conducting accident investigations at their electric utility and using your student training agenda, book and materials, you teach students how to conduct investigations to determine the causes of accidents and how they may be prevented. This class may be taught several times each year in training locations across the Western U.S., Alaska and Canada.
This training class is to include:
- Use of a short test to measure and establish a baseline of the students’ knowledge coming into the class; use of case studies, lecture and student exercises to training students on how an accident investigation is conducted;
- templates and checklists to help student to learn how to and to conduct accident investigations;
- review of accidents, including direct and indirect factors resulting in an accident;
- use of case studies to allow students to understand the causes of accidents and what could or should have been done to avoid the incident;
- a review of applicable laws and rules for accident investigations, work and safety practices and procedures;
- use of a final case study to test the students understanding of accident investigation principles and techniques and measure their level of knowledge gained.
This position is open until filled.
Experience and other requirements include:
- Experience conducting accident investigations in technical operations within an electric utility;
- experience training students through lectures, case studies, exercises, and tests ;
- class student training agenda required, book and materials; excellent interpersonal skills that will develop rapport with the students;
- working knowledge of applicable federal and state rules and procedures including NEC, NESC, OSHA, etc.;
- valid driver’s license, vehicle, and ability and ability to travel.
How to Apply:
Send your resume with description of your experience as an instructor to NWPPA, 9817 NE 54th Street, Suite 200, Vancouver, Washington 98662 or by email to NWPPA@NWPPA.org.
Posting End Date: October 13, 2017