Website Northern Wasco County PUD
Northern Wasco County PUD is looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to join our team. Offering relocation assistance to live right along the beautiful Columbia River Gorge with plenty of outdoor activities and only 80 miles from Portland. Come enjoy the true benefits of work life balance with a team that is dedicated to serving our community.
***Northern Wasco County People’s Utility District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Senior Engineer is responsible to plan, scope, schedule and conduct complex and/or technically sophisticated engineering work requiring independent judgment for a variety of projects including work done by engineering consultants. Act as lead design engineer, project engineer or project manager on projects with novel, difficult and multi-disciplinary aspects or features. Has technical responsibility for preliminary and final designs and design criteria. Leads project teams and interacts with crew superintendents, foreman and contractors, other utilities and regulatory agencies to troubleshoot and resolve problems during construction or installation. May be supported by other engineering staff on projects.
Supervisory and/or Functional or Technical Responsibility or Oversight:
- Shares knowledge and expertise and provides guidance on methods and procedures to lower-level professionals and non-exempt staff.
- No supervisory responsibility
- Provides technical oversite for preliminary and final designs and design criteria
- Assists with developing and presenting training classes and formal presentations.
- Works independently with little or no supervision. Receives direction from expert/lead professional, supervisor, or manager on complex or sensitive assignments.
Recommended Education, Training & Experience (includes licenses or certifications): Other combinations of education and/or experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to do the work will also be considered.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Minimum of nine (9) years relevant experience required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Licensure required
- Valid and current driver’s license. Driving record must be acceptable and insurable by NWCPUD insurance carrier at standard group rates. An annual consent for a release of one’s driving record is also required.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities: PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the use of various tools/equipment that are related to performing the essential functions of this job.
- Requires an extensive and diversified knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of engineering and project management including methods, materials, equipment, techniques, technical software, schedules, specifications, and contract documents.
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering design and project management directly relating to utility facilities, including fundamentals of the principles, practices, and procedures of an engineering discipline, such as engineering design, calculations, reading and interpreting plans, specifications, and project schedules.
- Understanding of permits, permitting timelines and City, County, State and Federal permitting agencies and processes.
- Understands public works construction methods, equipment and materials is required.
- Possess complex critical thinking skills using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Possess advanced problem solving to Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Able to use advanced systems analysis to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal computer use, office software.
- Engineering analysis and design software.
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently and familiarity with related specialties in the discipline and with other disciplines is also required.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse work force including the skilled crafts, contractors, customers, and other engineers.
- Prioritizes and organizes tasks. Handles distractions well. Great focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet multiple daily deadlines.
- Self-accountable to manage workload effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction while also working as part of a team and consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful, and productive work habits
- Must perform the duties of this position in a safe and efficient manner and follow all safety regulations and protocols.
- Supports the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a safe and positive work environment by personally exhibiting behavior that aligns with the District’s Core Values & Beliefs.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.