Website Northern Wasco County PUD
Northern Wasco County PUD in The Dalles, OR is searching for a Data Analyst to join our team.
Just 75 miles from west of Portland, we are located in a recreational area providing: water sports, fishing, bicycling, skiing, camping, hunting, artisan shopping, hiking all within short traveling distance.
The Data Analyst serves as the data and analytics resource for special projects, client requests, and reports requiring analytics across the organization that cross several functional areas with a strong emphasis in finance. Create, maintain, and train staff on financial reporting tools. Research and analyses system wide District data and data analytic tools to inform and support decision making. Compiles data, performs statistical modeling and analysis of structured and unstructured datasets, provides analysis, develops metrics, identifies trends, and patterns and presents analysis through reports and presentations. Works with end-users to understand data and analysis needs and develop technical requirements. Provides written and verbal recommendations to management to provide ongoing insight into strategy and operations.
Recommended Education, Training & Experience (includes licenses or certifications): Other combinations of education and/or experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to do the work will also be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, accounting, mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, engineering or other related business or technical area. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to Five (3-5) years’ experience in a data analytics or business intelligence role demonstrating complex data analysis, reporting and automation.
- Governmental accounting and financial systems experience is highly desirable as well as experience with PowerPivot and Power BI tools.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities: PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the use of various tools/equipment that are related to performing the essential functions of this job.
- General computer literacy, Microsoft Windows, intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office
- Advanced skill in Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced skill in SQL (MySQL and PostgreSQL) and Python
- Advanced skill in Tableau, Google Data Studio, or other data visualization software
- Working knowledge with Google suite products (Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
- Understanding of ERP systems; Power BI experience a plus
- Analytical mindset: ability to analyze large sets of data and provide meaningful insight
- Strong communication and presentation skills; Ability to explain data/results to stakeholders with varying levels of expertise or knowledge on the subject matter.
- Ability to teach, coach, and conduct training to other staff with diverse levels of expertise and knowledge, in a productive and comprehensible manner.
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Ability to learn functional business processes of an electric utility
- Maintain working knowledge of federal, state, and local codes, ordinances, regulations, practices, and procedures related to the work including government accounting principles and practices and government budgeting laws, principles, and practices
- Possess complex critical thinking skills using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Possess advanced problem-solving skills to Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to maintain a high level of focus and attention to detail and produce highly accurate work.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction while also working as part of a team and consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful, and productive work habits
Northern Wasco County People’s Utility District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Additional Information:
A wide variety of benefits are offered, including PTO, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, VEBA, 401(k) and 457(b).
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.