Website Northern Wasco County PUD
The Purchasing Specialist coordinates and serves as the lead subject matter expert in areas of contracting and procurement for the organization. The incumbent will handle contracts and procurements which are high profile, highly complex and highly technical. The Purchasing Specialist coordinates the activities of personnel involved in the contracting and procurement process. Responsible for ensuring purchasing policies and procedures are being followed and they comply with applicable federal, state, and local requirements. Works with and presents recommendations and/or data to executive management and/or the Board as required.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
It is essential for all employees to adhere to Northern Wasco County PUD policies, procedures, and workplace behavior expectations. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Review legal contracts prior to execution by District staff.
- Review procurement contracts for legal compliance, risk and/or liability issues and interface with legal counsel and insurance brokers as necessary.
- Facilitate and review contract renewals, change orders and amendment processes.
- Review and participate in development of bid specifications. Solicit and analyze bids and resolve bid protests. Assist staff in development of Board consent and agenda items and respond to Board of Directors requests for additional information.
- Review and support purchase agreements after determining appropriate solicitation method and/or form of contract.
- Analyze and modify operation methods and procedures; identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and present recommendations in support of utility goals.
- Consult with managers to determine services and material needs, specifications, and areas of standardization.
- Coordinate and consolidate District service needs among department and divisions with outside agencies.
- Consult with staff, internal customers, and contractors regarding solicitation types, contracting requirements, technical specification, and other related District business matters.
- Monitor, interpret, apply, and adhere to applicable federal, state, local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures including ORS 279, OAR 125 and OAR 137
- Draft language and negotiate terms and conditions as required.
- Write, revise and update solicitation language, standard forms, rules, policies, procedures under the direction of the CFO and ensure changes are effectively communicated to staff.
- Supports project teams effectively and efficiently to achieve assigned outcomes.
- Manages material resources by obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed for certain work/projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. This is a job description summary of the essential functions and anticipated duties of this job and does not represent an all-inclusive list of tasks or procedures.
For more information, and to apply, please visit https://www.nwascopud.org/about/careers/
To apply for this job please visit www.nwascopud.org.