Northern Lights Inc. (NLI) is seeking a professional and experienced individual to fill the position of IT Specialist. NLI is headquartered in the Idaho Panhandle in the small community of Sagle, Idaho just five miles south of Sandpoint. Sagle is 40 miles north of Coeur d’Alene and 65 miles east of Spokane, Washington; allowing access to the convenience of a large city. The area is surrounded by mountains, rivers and Lake Pend Oreille, with many opportunities for water sports, winter skiing at Schweitzer Mountain Resort and other outdoor recreation opportunities such as hiking, biking, fishing and hunting. This is a beautiful area with a vibrant community to live and enjoy the outdoors.
NLI is primarily a distribution electric utility cooperative, serving approximately 21,000 metered accounts in northern Idaho, northwest Montana, and a small portion of northeast Washington. NLI has approximately 60 employees and offers excellent benefits including a pension plan, 401k with company match, health insurance, paid holidays, vacation time and sick leave.
The IT Specialist assists in providing information technology services for the cooperative. This position will report to the Manager of Information Technology
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Physical installation of new infrastructure hardware– servers, firewalls, switches, wireless access points, printers, security systems, building entry, etc.
- Physical deployment and initial configuration of desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones.
- Assists with continuous performance monitoring of systems within assigned area of responsibility. Troubleshoots problems and resolves issues, as required.
- Participates in the development of documentation describing the technical aspects of systems, as well as operational notes, change control logs and procedural flow charts. Reviews existing documentation for correctness and completeness.
- Assists employees with user support as it relates to basic Windows functionality and standard office applications
- Assists employees with user support as it relates to business and industry applications.
- Partners with vendors to troubleshoot and correct problems in systems within assigned area of responsibility. Evaluates system reliability and makes recommendations for improvement where possible.
- Collaborate with team members in an open communication culture, providing support in various disciplines as needed.
- Effectively communicate technical information to management and other co-workers.
- Keep informed of current trends and technology in areas of responsibility and apply to assigned functional area of responsibility.
- Assist and support major storm/damage outage response and restoration as needed, often times outside of business hours.
- Ability to be reached by phone or text during non-working hours to provide emergency support, including 4-5 weeks a year of afterhours on-call duty.
- Must reside within 35 miles of NLI Headquarters in Sagle, ID.
- Must maintain internet access at home sufficient for remote access during non-working hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Industry recognized certifications are a plus.
- Associates Degree in computer science or related field and five years of relevant experience is required.
- Education and/or experience in most or all of the following:
- PC software and hardware support.
- Active Directory configuration.
- Group Policy infrastructure management.
- End user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- LAN and WAN networking environments.
- Understanding of VOIP Technology.
- Apple iPhone and iPad support.
Licensing or Certifications:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Idaho State driver’s license.
- Typical work day is in an office environment.
- At times, field work will be required in conjunction with normal office duties.
- May work around energized electrical facilities possibly to include substations, overhead and underground distribution lines and industrial construction sites.
- Travel may be required both inside and outside of NLI’s service territory.
- Work outside under various weather conditions and in varying types of terrain.
- To ensure all employees are provided with drug free and alcohol free working conditions, pre-employment, post accident, reasonable cause and random drug and alcohol tests are conducted on all employees.
- Must have sufficient health to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Sitting/standing/walking/driving for extended periods of time.
- At times, may be required to perform work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds.
Salary dependent on experience.
To apply, email resume and relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted October 14, 2020. Posting closes November 11, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com