Company Name: Benton PUD
Phone Number: (509) 582-1270
Job Title: Network/Security Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: April 24, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Benton PUD in Kennewick, WA is looking for a Network/Security Engineer with strong competency in the fundamentals of LAN/WAN network infrastructure design, troubleshooting, and implementation coupled with a passion for enterprise security architecture. This position is an exciting role that will utilize state-of-the-art networking and computing resources and will help shape and meet future infrastructure technology and security requirements. The work is diverse and challenging and the size of the organization allows for innovation, creativity, and focused training in a small, personal environment.
The preferred candidate will have experience with: network protocols, managing and deploying Cisco networking equipment; HTTP/S proxy servers and security; firewalls; SIEM applications; Data Loss Prevention, Intrusion Detection and Prevention; enterprise security architectures.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/LICENSING OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related area; OR a combination of an AA/AS with 2 additional years of directly related experience
- Specific to Network Engineer II – Three (3) to four (4) years experience in implementation theory and troubleshooting as a network/security engineer
- Specific to Network Engineer III – Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in design, implementation, theory and troubleshooting as a network/security engineer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Network protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VLAN, TCP/IP, etc)
- Configuring, maintaining, designing, and deploying Cisco networking equipment including Sourcefire Next Generation Firewall, ISE
- Deploying and managing Firewalls, and troubleshooting VPN tunnels
- Server hardware, routing and switching equipment and interconnecting cabling
- HTTP/S proxy servers and security
- Internet Protocols, firewalls, static IP addressing schemes, IPAM, DNS, DHCP.
- Highly motivated and independent strategist capable of creating and implementing comprehensive security policies
- Server operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- SIEM application
- Solarwinds application
- Data Loss Prevention, Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention
- Strong problem-solving skills to effectively research, investigate and offer solutions to issues that are more complex and difficult in nature
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to stay current with technology and apply training and experience to real world problems
How to Apply:
Submit an online application through Benton PUD’s Job Openings and Application Portal on the Benton PUD Web site (www.bentonpud.org/careers). Resume and cover letter are optional and may be uploaded into the application.
Posting End Date: May 24, 2017