Company Name: Modesto Irrigation District
Phone Number: (209) 526-7341
Job Title: Network/Desktop Specialist
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: June 15, 2018
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
The Modesto Irrigation District is currently recruiting to fill one full-time regular vacancy to supervise the District Help Desk and be responsible for the installation, maintenance and enhancement of the district-wide desktop operating systems, desktop system software, desktop office automation software, and enterprise server backup systems.
Any Qualified Individual May Apply. This is an exempt position and is part of the Modesto Irrigation District Employees Association (MIDEA). The list established as a result of this recruitment may be used to fill other Network/Desktop Specialist vacancies within the District that may occur through June 8, 2019. Examples of Duties:Essential duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Installs, maintains, tests, enhances, and provides performance tuning for desktop operating systems and desktop software;
- Provides advanced monitoring, performance tuning and resource utilization;
- Provides advanced diagnosis and problem resolution;
- Serves as liaison to software/hardware vendors;
- Serves as a high-level technical resource to support staff;
- Leads technical and professional employees in support of desktop and mobile software/hardware;
- Responsible for design and integrity of applicable network security;
- Provides technical assistance to supervisor and/or other Information Technology staff to evaluate hardware/software, prepare/review bid specifications and participate in ad hoc projects;
- Reviews and writes technical specifications for software/hardware;
- Available to provide 24 hour/7 day a week on-call support;
- Maintains a high-level understanding of current and emerging relevant technologies;
- Maintains and administers District Malware Protection Systems;
- Maintains and administers District copiers and printers.
Other Related Duties
- May assist with budget preparation;
- May select, train and supervise assigned staff;
- May be responsible for hardware asset management; May coordinate district-wide desktop activities;
- May be responsible for the development and documentation of relevant disaster recovery plan;
- Other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education, experience, knowledge and abilities may satisfy the necessary minimum qualifications. A typical way to obtain the education, experience, knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer technology or related field.
Experience: Three (3) years experience in a service desk environment.
- All facets of complex desktop system environments such as Windows, Active Directory, and VDI; knowledge of software and systems in use at the District including but not limited to: Windows7, Windows10, Redhat Linux, print services, PC’s, network hardware and desktop application software.
- Maintain a high degree of expertise to research, analyze, evaluate, recommend network and microcomputer application; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with various levels in the District as well as the public.
Special Requirement: Must have a valid California Class C driver license.
How to Apply:
A detailed job description and application are available at www.mid.org/careers
Qualified applicants must submit a completed District application and responses to the attached supplemental questionnaire. In addition, a resume describing experience and qualifications for the position is recommended. Apply immediately. Position will be open until filled.
Applications will be reviewed on a comparative basis and only those most qualified will be invited to continue in the selection process which will consist of an overall assessment of the individual’s skills through (1) oral interview; and (2) reference checks to include current and former supervisors. The applicant must perform successfully in each phase of the recruitment in order to continue in the selection process.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact Human Resources at (209) 526-7341. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. The Modesto Irrigation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Posting End Date: July 15, 2018