Natural Gas Supply Consultant 3
Gas Scheduling; Portland, Oregon
Posting # 50223980
March 10, 2017
NW Natural offers a Natural Gas Supply Consultant 3 opportunity to interested applicants. The following is a summary of the position specifics.
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for natural gas analytic activities. Maintain complex applications, utilize databases, and develop models to manage and support gas acquisition, integrated resource planning, gas reserves, derivatives, regulatory and industry proceedings, and accounting/finance requirements. Understand and provide analysis to aid in the optimization of the company’s natural gas supplies, derivatives, storage, and transportation assets. Prepare presentations to facilitate communication of gas supply issues and initiatives, key performance indicators, and market dynamics as needed.
Position Essential Functions:
• Maintain and operate gas supply applications and models. Support the development of the company’s natural gas resource planning efforts, including the company’s Gas Acquisition Plan and Integrated Resource Plan.
• Prepare resource studies and economic analyses related to new and existing resources.
• Conduct commodity pricing research and analysis including physical and financial derivative products.
• Develop and maintain databases containing historical pricing, demand, weather and other fundamental information.
• Engage in regional and company-specific supply, derivatives, gas reserves, gas storage and pipeline analyses.
• Develop models to forecast natural gas demand for use in gas supply planning, regulatory proceedings, and corporate budgeting.
• Clearly communicate the results of analytical findings through the development of presentations and other communication tools.
• Assist in the Gas Supply contract management function.
• Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
$89,200 – $109,250 – $129,350 (Grade 22) Depending on qualifications