Company Name: NW Natural
Job Title: Natural Gas Supply Consultant 3
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Natural Resources
Posting Start Date: May 19, 2017
Salary: $89,200 - $129,350
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Natural Gas Supply Consultant 3
Gas Scheduling; Portland, Oregon
Posting # 50230101
May 19, 2017
NW Natural offers a Natural Gas Supply Consultant 3 opportunity to interested applicants. The following is a summary of the position specifics.
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for natural gas analytic activities. Maintain complex applications, utilize databases, and develop models to manage and support gas acquisition, integrated resource planning, gas reserves, derivatives, regulatory and industry proceedings, and accounting/finance requirements. Understand and provide analysis to aid in the optimization of the company’s natural gas supplies, derivatives, storage, and transportation assets. Prepare presentations to facilitate communication of gas supply issues and initiatives, key performance indicators, and market dynamics as needed.
Position Essential Functions:
- Maintain and operate gas supply applications and models. Support the development of the company’s natural gas resource planning efforts, including the company’s Gas Acquisition Plan and Integrated Resource Plan.
- Prepare resource studies and economic analyses related to new and existing resources.
- Conduct commodity pricing research and analysis including physical and financial derivative products.
- Develop and maintain databases containing historical pricing, demand, weather and other fundamental information.
- Engage in regional and company-specific supply, derivatives, gas reserves, gas storage and pipeline analyses.
- Develop models to forecast natural gas demand for use in gas supply planning, regulatory proceedings, and corporate budgeting.
- Clearly communicate the results of analytical findings through the development of presentations and other communication tools.
- Assist in the Gas Supply contract management function.
- Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics, or related business discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience along with five or more years of related experience.
- Requires broad knowledge and understanding of natural gas supply and transportation practices, the utility industry, economics, statistics, utility contracting principles and detailed analysis.
- Requires knowledge of modeling techniques, linear programming, and strong spreadsheet and database skills.
- Requires an understanding of U.S. and Canadian natural gas regulations.
- Strong capacity to work independently and will bring forward new business concepts, analyses and strategies to aid the company and the department.
- Project management experience, an understanding of energy markets and the key players in the Northwest energy markets are a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills are required.
- Acts as a technical resource for others.
- Clear, accurate and thorough writing skills for documentation and report writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels with tact, confidentiality, and diplomacy.
- Typical knowledge and skills required for this position could normally be found in an individual whose previous job assignments offered exposure and experience in market analysis, structuring, utility planning, ratemaking, or fuel procurement/transportation scheduling. Other combinations of education/experience may be considered.
How to Apply:
Salary Range: $89,200 – $109,250 – $129,350 (Grade 22) Depending on qualifications
Application Process: To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Applications will be reviewed once application deadline has passed. Deadline: June 2, 2017
NW Natural is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also promote a drug-free work environment.
Posting End Date: June 2, 2017